44.

I nervously bit my lip as I walked back to my apartment. Josie and I thought it would be best if we waited a week until we begin our traveling. Now for the difficult part, telling Alessio I'm leaving. 

Before I knew it, I was standing outside my apartment door. I lingered outside for a bit, trying to find the right words to say to him.

I was not having the best lucky of thinking what to say, I decided it would be best if I just bit the bullet and went inside. When I opened the door and went inside, my blood began to boil.

Alessio was casually chatting and having a drink with Vince and Lorenzo in my apartment.

"What the fuck is he doing here", I demanded while pointing at Lorenzo.

He rolled his eyes and crossed his arms over his chest.

"He's here to apologize", Vince explained before nudging Lorenzo with his elbow.

"It's going to take more than an apology for me to forgive him", I spat angerly, recalling the fight we had.

"This is a mistake", Lorenzo muttered as he started to walk towards the door.

 Vince grabbed his shoulder, stopping him in his place.

"She is our only sister", Vince stated.

"She's a psychopath", Lorenzo shook his head," she beat the fuck out of me when I slapped her."

"What'd you think she would do? She is a Roman, we don't take shit from anyone", He explained.

"We also don't hurt family members", Lorenzo yelled, yanking Vince's hand off his shoulder.

"We are even then", I yelled and glared at Lorenzo.

They all gave me confusing looks.

"Lorenzo blamed me for Mama's death", I blurted.

"I never blamed you."

"The night Martino sent me here", Tears were starting to form in my eyes as I recalled the most dreadful night of my life," You told me I was the reason Mama is dead."

Lorenzo scoffed, "I never said that. Besides it was twelve years ago."

"Get out", I muttered.

"What", Lorenzo questioned.

"All of you... Get the fuck out", I screamed at them.

"Luci-", Vince started.

"Vince, you better get him out before I kill him", my hands were starting to shake from how hard I was pressing my nails into my palms.

Vince looked at me and seemed like he wanted to say something else, he didn't. He nodded before grabbing Lorenzo by the shoulder and almost dragged him out of my apartment.

"Sorry, I didn't think that would happen", Alessio shrugged after the door was closed.

"Get out", I told him calmly, trying to keep myself from having a breakdown.

"Luciana it was an honest mistake", He stated while starting to pour himself another drink.

"You invited them here. I confided to you how I wasn't ready to have them in my life, yet you still invite them", I laughed while shaking my head.

"Lesson Learned, don't invite them here", He took a sip of his drink.

"Get out", I roared, my anger flooding to the surface.

"Get the fuck out", I yelled even louder, throwing everything and anything I could get my hands on at him.

He dodged everything and snuck out the door. I stumbled over my feet towards the door, tears starting to run down my face.

I basically fell into the door, making sure it was shut completely. I slid down onto the floor, not wanting to stop the flood gates. 

I cried for Mama. Not because she's dead. Only because her children cannot get along with each other.

"I'm so sorry Mama", I muttered into the silence.

I laid on the floor in front of my door for who knows how long. The only thing that brought me from my daze was my phone buzzing from the sofa where I dropped it.

I quickly pulled myself from the floor, hoping it was Josie. My legs were shaky as I stood and shuffled over to the sofa.

I picked up my phone and squinted at the screen.

                                                 1 New Message from Vincenzo

I rolled my eyes and sat it on the arm of the sofa. I sat on the other end of the couch not even wanting to even notice the phone.

I couldn't help to feel the vibration from the silenced phone. Each time I hoped it was Josie, I didn't want to ignore her. I glanced over at the phone.

                                                  3 New Messages from Vincenzo

                                                   5 New Messages from Alessio

                                                    1 New Message from Lorenzo.

With shaky hands, I picked up the phone. I took a deep breath as I opened Alessio's contact first.

Hey.

Sorry about earlier.

Is everything alright.

Don't think I won't come back over.

Luciana, you are scaring me.

I shook my head at his responses. I decided to ignore him and opened Vince's contact next.

Luciana, I am terribly sorry for Lorenzo's behavior this evening.

I hope you forgive us.

It was his idea to come visit.

 I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me. I reread the message dozens of times, wanting to make sure I read the message correctly.

It was his idea. Lorenzo. He does not care about anyone except himself. Now my curiosity was getting the better of me.

I opened up Lorenzo's contact.

Luci, look outside your door.

I was confused. I rolled my eyes and left my phone on the sofa as I went to the door and opened it. A small box was outside. I picked it up and went back inside.

I placed the box on the counter and opened it. A letter was the first thing I pulled out. I opened the enveloped and started to read:

Luciana,

When we were kids, it was a different world. We played and laughed together, the darkness of the world was unknown to us. Mama sheltered us from that. She sheltered her boys from Martino... especially when he would drink.

He got physical with Mama. She would make us leave the room when they "talked", we could still hear from the hallway. We didn't listen much, Vince would make us go to bed so we wouldn't have to hear that.

We protected you the most from it, wanting you to stay the light in the darkness of the world. I didn't want you to see that side of Martino. When he took you to the limo that night, I was mad at myself because I wasn't there to protect you.

I was to weak to stand up to Martino. So I sliced the head off your teddy bear because I was angry at myself. It was a stupid mistake. And I am so sorry for not trying to find you. There is nothing i can do to make you forgive me. I'm hoping the item in the box can be a start. 

Sincerely, Lorenzo Roman.

I wiped my eyes with my arm as I laid the letter on the counter. I reached inside the box and pulled the item out. 

I started to cry even harder.

It was my childhood teddy bear that I asked Alessio to give to Lorenzo. Only, it wasn't broken anymore. It was fixed with obvious sewed stitches. I held the bear tightly to my chest as I sobbed.