41.

Luciana POV:

I glared harshly at Lorenzo and Alessio as I anxiously waited for Vincenzo to answer his phone. I swear I am going to kill them both for telling him and the rest of the family that I was missing. Hopefully Vince will believe the lies I am going to spill to him.

"Hello? Who's this", his voice was concerning but also slightly agitated.

"Hey big brother."

"Luciana? Where the hell have you been", his worry some voice asked.

I took a deep breath.

"We just got split up during rush hour. Don't worry too much, I am okay and so is Lorenzo and Alessio."

"I'm glad to hear that", he sighed. 

A few moments of awkward silence slowly dragged by. I didn't know what else to say so he wouldn't get too suspicious.

"Hey Vince, I'm going to need to call you back later or something. We ordered pizza for dinner, and it just got here. If I don't get to the box first, these two will demolish it before I can get any", I lied through my teeth.

"Okay Luciana... be safe."

"You too."

Before anything else could be said, I swiftly ended the call on my new phone. I lazily sat back on my sofa; a loud dramatic sigh left my mouth as I combed my fingers through my hair.

"If either of you too ever pull that shit again, I will drive all of your cars into the ocean," I promised to both of the idiots stood in my kitchen.

"Did you think I wouldn't tell him that you were missing? If he found out about that you were missing and knew I didn't tell him immediately he would fly out here and strangle me", Lorenzo explained while stuffing his face with greasy pizza, "Be happy I didn't tell him about the unresolved issue with Nicolas."

I rolled my eyes, knowing he was completely right.

"Starting tomorrow we need to come up with a plan to find both Nicolas and Mia. They can't pull any shit like before", Alessio announced while strolling through his phone.

"Since when are you on top of this shit", I confusingly asked him.

He shrugged, "I guess the big apple has that effect of me."

"You're acting like Vince", Lorenzo laughed while patting Alessio's back.

"I need some fresh air", I muttered, standing up from the sofa quickly, before any objections could be heard.

I went out onto my small balcony, the cool breeze calming me. I sat on the floor, my back resting against the wall. I took out my phone and the piece of paper that I got from the red head named Josephine.

"Hello. It's me, the girl from the diner who you had to kick out."

I cringed as I reread the message I sent. How else was I supposed to let her know that it was myself.  I didn't sit there long before my phone dinged with a new message.

"I remember you lol. I didn't know if you would actually contact me or not. It's a good thing that you did though, not a bad thing."

I chuckled to myself slightly as I read the message she sent. Even her texting is cute. 

I sat my phone down next to me and moved my hands over my face. This cannot be happening to me.

As I moved my hands away from my face, the warmth from my blushing skin was gone.

"Would you want to go watch a movie or something one night?"

 I sighed as I pressed the send button. I had a feeling I was moving rather quick. A feeling of uneasiness lingered at the back of my head as well. 

"I would love to! The cinema has this new action movie that I have been dying to see... not literally. If you don't like action movies, we can see something else."

"I enjoy action movies. Let me know when you want to go, and we can plan. By the way call me Luci"

"I will. I have to get to sleep, I've got work in the morning."

I didn't message her again, not wanting to disturb her sleep. It dawned on me that I had been sitting outside for quite a while. It was time I went inside.

I stood up from my semi uncomfortable spot on the floor and went inside. 

Alessio was stood in my kitchen brushing his teeth in the sink.

"Why are you doing that in the kitchen sink", I sighed.

"What? Brushing my teeth?"

"Yes"

"Lorenzo is in the shower", He said through spiting toothpaste down the drain.

I laid on the couch, throwing my legs over the arm, "Make sure you rinse all your spit out of the sink when you're done."

Alessio walked over to me and leaned over top of me, looking at my face.

"What?", I snapped.

"Something's wrong with you", He pondered.

"What the fuck are you talking about."

"There's something different about you", He muttered.

"Yeah. I'm not a nimrod like the rest of this family."

"I've got it", He snapped his fingers.

"Well? Tell me what you think is different."

He smiled, "You've got a spark of happiness in your eyes... Spill."

My jaw dropped slightly, "How the hell..."

"Since I first saw you, I never saw any bit of happiness on your face. But since you just walked inside something was different in your voice," He explained with a prideful smirk on his face.

"I have a date", I whispered so Lorenzo wouldn't hear, a goofy grin forming on my face.

His smirk got even bigger as he pulled me into a tight bear hug.

"When?", He asked.

"I don't know yet"

"We are going shopping before your date", He said a little too loudly.

"Who the fuck is going on a date?", Lorenzo demanded, standing in the doorway of my bathroom.