40.

Luciana POV:

I grinned proudly to myself as I exited the diner. The red-haired waitress's name and phone number on a piece of paper was safely inside my mostly dried pocket. I didn't know if she would actually give it to me.

I stopped smiling as I put the coins into the barely useable pay phone. My heart began to pound inside my chest as it started to ring. The phone number was unknown to Lorenzo, if he was in an asshole mood, he wouldn't answer. If he was being his normal asshole mood, he still wouldn't answer. Overall, my chances of contacting him were very slim.

"Who the hell is this", His familiar grumbly voice filled my ear.

"Lorenzo it's me", I sighed.

"Luciana? What the hell happened, you were supposed to meet up with us last fucking night", He was enraged.

"It's a long story and I don't have time to explain-"

He interrupted," I have all the time in the world to listen to this so-called long story so get talking."

"I'm calling on a damn pay phone", I snapped, " My call is very limited so if you want me to actually know my location, I suggest you shut the fuck up for a minute so I can speak."

He stayed silent, however I could practically feel the rage from the other side of the phone call.

"I'm by this diner", I glanced around for any street signs to better explain my where abouts," on... North Corners. Come get me."

"Me and Alessio are getting in the car now. Stay close by, we will-"

The call dropped as my money ran out. I sighed as I placed the phone on the hook. Lorenzo didn't tell me how long it would take him to get to me.

In a fit of boredom from waiting so long for Lorenzo to arrive, I explored the area around the diner. My clothes were dried completely from loitering around in the sun. After about an hour or two of waiting, I heard the familiar sound of the car engine revving.

I rushed over to the entrance of the diner, knowing if Lorenzo didn't see me all hell would break out.

His rampage was already beginning when I was in eyesight of him. He was stomping up the wooden steps towards the doors.

"Lorenzo", I yelled while waving my hand above my head, trying to get his attention.

His head snapped to my direction, and if looks could kill, I would be dead... instantly. However, his eyes softened and he visibly relaxed when he saw me. He immediately sprinted towards me, then pulling me into a bone crushing hug. 

I patted his shoulder.

"I do need to breath you know", I awkwardly laughed, slightly happy from the hug.

"Shut up. I thought you were dead Luci.", He muttered into my hair as he somehow squeezed me even tighter.

I sighed as i understood he was right, I almost died. After a little longer of him suffocating me with a hug, he let go. I dramatically took a few giant breathes of air. Lorenzo rolled his eyes at my antics.

"In all seriousness, I need to talk to you and Alessio. Privately", I stated, looking him in the eyes.

Alessio was still waiting in the car, why he didn't get out, I had no idea. I followed Lorenzo into the car.

"Good to see you're still alive", Alessio smirked at me.

I shook my head with a smile.

"We need to go to my apartment", I instructed Alessio.

"Aye Aye captain", He nodded with no questions asked and began to drive the car.

 I just hoped he remembered how to get there.

"What's so important that we can't talk about it freely", Lorenzo asked.

I rolled my eyes, "Obviously it's that important that I can't tell you what it is until we get to my apartment."

"Wait", Alessio interrupted, "Where's Alexander."

I scoffed, "I killed him."

Lorenzo glanced at me with his face puzzled.

"Oh yeah, skinned him alive, slit his throat, burned what was left of his body, and threw his bones into the river."

"Seriously?", Alessio asked with a tinge of excitement in his voice.

"No", I shook my head, "I didn't kill him.... Wish I did though."

Luckily, they didn't hear that last part. Lorenzo fiddled with the radio with Alessio drove the car. I sat anxiously silent in the back seat, fidgeting with my thumbs.

Before I realized, the car had stopped. I looked out my window and saw my familiar apartment building.

"Let's go. We need to hurry.", I demanded, getting out of the car and heading inside with Alessio and Lorenzo on my heels.

When we were inside my apartment, I moved the couch in front of the door and moved the curtains in front of the giant window.

"So", Lorenzo urged.

"Do you remember when we were kids and You and Leo would swap places to get out of doing your own chores?", I asked.

"Yeah? What does me and Leo swapping places as kids have to do with now?", Lorenzo asked extremly confused.

"Fuck...", Alessio realized and stood from his seat on the sofa," Did they?"

"Yes", I nodded ashamed, not realized our mistake.

"I'm still so confused."

"The Alexander we thought we could trust was actually Nicolas. They swapped places. I'm going to assume they did it when we all got kidnapped by Cora", Alessio explained.

"That mother fucker", Lorenzo roared.

"He tried to kill me... again", I blurted out.

Both of their heads snapped to look at me.

"He did what now?", Lorenzo demanded.

"He led me to Mia, his sister. She had body guards outside the bar we were getting information at. I luckily escaped.", I rushed out.

Lorenzo was actually shaking with rage.

"I'm going to kill him... no, that's to easy. I'll torture him until he begs me to kill him...", Alessio soon gained a murderous gleam in his eye.