46.

Luciana POV.

I looked at myself in the mirror.  My hair was half up and half down and I had makeup on to match my black and green ball gown. Usually, I would never put this much effort into my looks but tonight would be the first time I'm going to see my family in over five years.

I didn't feel ready to see them until now... still not completely sure I wanted to go to the mafia ball. However, this year would be the first year that Vince is hosting it.

I took one final look at myself, making sure that my makeup and hair were perfect. Even if I looked like a mess, I'm sure my family would be happy to see me again.

"Fuck", I muttered to myself when I glanced at my phone screen, I was running late.

I grabbed my phone and shoved it into the pocket of my gown. I got it custom made to have pockets. In my opinion all dresses should have pockets, they are more practical that way.

___________________________________________________________________

Once outside the gates of the house, I got very nervous all of a sudden. This is it; I can't go back now. I'm committing at this point.

I walked up the driveway, taking in the scenery that realized I missed. I missed all the goofy childhood memories that I had here.

There weren't any guests outside the house or on the porch. I really must be running behind schedule. I sighed as I pushed open the door.

"The Roman's aren't a fan of their guests being late", A man snapped at me.

"Yes, I think I know that better than anyone", I said in the same tone.

He scoffed and took a few steps towards me," And who do you think you are?"

"Excuse me? I suggest you back the hell up."

"Or what? Hm? Are you going to scream for help?" He laughed slightly," Had to destroy that plan but even if you did, no one would hear you. Everyone is in the ballroom."

He came even closer, making me pressed against the front door. I wasn't worried and I didn't want to hurt the man even if he was a total dick.

"I'm going to say this once and only once, back the Fuck up", I snapped.

He laughed again," Or what Sweetheart? What are you going to do?"

"Fine, I really did not want to hurt you", I muttered.

Before he could realize what was happening, I slammed my leg upward hitting right in the family jewels. He winced, bent over slightly, and covered himself with his hands. I slammed my fist into the back of his neck. He fell straight onto the floor.

I simply stepped over his body, "Oh thanks for telling me where to go."

I walked down the hall towards the ballroom. The same family portraits covered the walls as they once did. One photo did catch my eye.

It was Vincenzo. He looks different, he looks grown. A beautiful woman was standing beside him, and they were holding a baby.  I stopped walking to take it in... Vince has a baby.

I sighed, taking another moment to look at it.

I needed to get to the ballroom as soon as possible. I made myself walk quicker. 

For the first time in a very long time, I felt excited to see my family. A smile made its way onto my face.

I instantly opened the door of the ballroom, it was quiet. I poked my head inside. All of the guests were gathered in front of the stage, I struggled to see who was on the stage.