34.

Luciana POV:

My eyes snapped open as I took a deep breath. It felt like the freshest air I had ever smelled, like after it rains.  

My vision soon became clear. Val was looking down at me, standing next to me. Antonio was stood at the end of the bed I was laying on.

"What's with the depressing faces", I mumbled.

Val sighed before shaking his head.

"What?", questioned.

Antonio moved to the opposite side that Val was standing, he picked up my hand, and gently squeezed it.

"Luci... You were dead", He sighed.

I shook my head, "There's no way I was... I wasn't dead... you're mistaken."

"It's true", Val muttered in disbelieve, "Your heart stopped beating two minutes ago."

I looked at the clock like it could properly explain what happened to me. It didn't, the seconds ticked by until a minute went by.

"If that's true..., how am I alive ", I looked back at Val.

"I don't know", He whispered while shaking his head, " You were dead..."

Antonio squeezed my hand.

I sighed, "Lorenzo told me to wake up... I can't explain why... but he told me to."

Both of their heads snapped to look at my face.

Antonio started to explain, "He was in here, seconds before your heart started back up again. When he saw that your heart stopped beating, he was screaming at you to wake up. That Zane guy was in here as well."

I looked at him puzzled, "Zane is dead."

He shook his head.

"There was an attack on his house", I announced.

Before Antonio could speak, Val cut him off, "He barged into that call after you passed out. He led us here, to the American Mafia's base."

"I need to see him", I said.

Antonio nodded and left the room. Val was still looking at me puzzled, "I still don't understand.", he uttered.

It only took a few minutes for Zane to burst through the door. I'm surprised the door didn't fall off its hinges with how hard it slammed against the wall. I watched his eyes get watery as he rushed over to my side.

He didn't hug me like I thought he would.

"Is something wrong", I asked.

"You were dead", he informed me.

"So?", I added, "I'm not dead now. Hug me."

He rolled his eyes at me before pulling me into a hug. I almost instantly hissed in pain. He let go of me and pulled away looking guilty.

"What's wrong with me", I asked Val.

He sighed," Luciana... you were shot, in your side."

My hands went to my side to lift the rather large t-shirt I had on. On my stomach was a large blood-soaked bandage covering my skin. I don't know why I did it, but I poked in the center of the bandage. I bit my tongue to stop myself from making any noise.

"It was a miracle that none of your organs were damaged", Zane added.

"I didn't even realize I was hurt until after I got shot in the leg", I admitted.

Antonio chuckled. "Adrenaline will do that to you."

Another memory invaded my head.

"Is everyone alright", I looked at Val, then Antonio.

"Only a few scrapes and scratches", Val answered.

I nodded before looking at Zane.

"Are they... your girls...-"

Zane interrupted, "They are alive and well.", He sighed," however, Hazel didn't make it."

The sound of gunshots and the image of Hazel's bloody body falling down the stairs invaded my head.

I frowned, "I'm sorry. She seemed so lovey."

He nodded, tears filling his eyes.

I needed to see my other family members to make sure they were as alright as Val says they are. It's not that I didn't believe him, I just needed to see them for myself to be sure.

"Can I get out of this room?", I glanced at each one of them.

They exchanged looks.

"Fine. But only in a wheelchair, your leg won't be able to hold your weight and I don't want you to rip any of your stitches", Val explained.

Antonio exited the room before entering, pushing an empty wheelchair in front of him. Zane and Val helped me into it, more like they lifted me up and sat me on the chair. Antonio pushed me into the hallway, out of the depressing makeshift hospital room.

All the men we passed kept their distance from me, a few looked rather frightened of me. We entered a few rooms; however, they were completely empty of any of my family members. In the distance, I could hear yelling.

"Take me into that room", I told Antonio.

He hesitated before wheeling me into the room. As we entered, all eyes were on me. All of my other brothers were inside the room sitting around a large table along with intimidating men. Lorenzo jumped up from his seat instantly and rushed over to me.

"I thought you were dead", He mumbled while pulling me into a gently hug, making sure not to apply any extra pressure to my side.

"I guess I was", I replied with a slight chuckle.

"It's way too early to make any jokes", Marcello lectured, while he took Lorenzo's spot, pulling me into a comforting hug.

I rolled my eyes at the irony. Marcello has always been the jokester of the family, and he doesn't think it's a good idea to make jokes.

"I was only trying to lighten the mood", I muttered.

Vince took Marcellos's spot; he hugged me even tighter than any of my other brothers.

"Not that I'm complaining but how is she alive", Marcello asked Val and Antonio.

"Isn't it obvious?", I announced.

All eyes were on me once more.

I laughed, "I was disrupting the peace in hell."