𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑

The dojo is about 15 minutes away from the forest, if I walked there it would take 15 minutes but if I ran there it would be 10. So me being me, wanting to increase my speed, ran to the dojo. The dojo is surprisingly close to my 'home', a 5-minute walk to be exact.

By the time I arrive at the dojo, it's 18:55, I push the doors open, slightly panting, and walk to the counter. I see my dear uncle Haru Kobayashi skimming through some papers. He's known me since I was 5 but I started coming to his dojo at the age of 6. Uncle Haru isn't a blood-related relative, but I like to think that we are. He's a 6'3 brunette with tattoos covering his right arm and left shoulder. He might look like a scary guy on the outside but once you get to know him, he isn't. He's also kinda like my personal trainer. But whenever I try to pay him, he declines.

Once Uncle Haru spots me, he waves me over. I jog over to him and give him a ghost smile, the same that I give to everyone else I know.

"Ready for practice?" I nod my head while he stands up from his seat behind the counter.

"I have your uniform in the employee locker rooms since you forgot it on Friday. You can go get it, you already know the code and where the changing rooms are. I'll be waiting in room 5 as usual." He points to the room to the right and leaves, I nod my head and go to the employee locker room.

I casually walk in, having employees stare at me as I unlock the code to their boss' locker and take the uniform. I turn around and still see them staring at me, I look at them.

"Don't you guys have something to do?" I roll my eyes annoyed.

"You're not supposed to be here!"

"Yeah! It's employees only!"

"Put that uniform back!"

"That doesn't belong to you!"

They were all starting to get on my nerves. I sigh in annoyance, adjusting the uniform in my arms and putting my bag in the locker.

"That locker doesn't belong to you either!"

"How did you get the boss' code!?"

"I think you have the wrong locker room, kid." I glared at the man who called me a kid said one simple word and left the room after locking the locker.

"Nope."

I walk to the girls changing rooms and start putting my uniform on. The uniform is a white karate Gi with a black belt around my waist. I look into the mirror and see one of my scars trailing down my neck to my shoulder blade, I quickly adjust the collar and cover it up. I also re-did my ponytail making it tighter and neater than before. I head back to the employee locker room to put my clothes and shoes in my bag after staring at my not-so-visible eye bags. Minutes pass and I am standing in front of Uncle Haru.

He looks at me annoyed, while I look at the mat.

"Did the boys bother you?" I slowly nod my head. He sighs before telling me to come at him. I start with a punch to his abdomen which he blocks with his hands, then I try to roundhouse kick him in the face but he blocks that as well. I then block his punch with a jump-back kick to the knees. He drops to the floor and ends the round. I quickly rush to him, apologizing to him for kicking him so hard, he just chuckles and we go for another few rounds. 2 hours pass and I exit room 5 going to the section of the dojo with the weights and treadmills.

I start with running on the treadmill and then lifting some weights with the barbell set. Adding 5 more kilograms now and then when I want to challenge myself. Then I go to the power tower for about 10 minutes and finally, I use the cable crossover machine for another 10 minutes. By the time I stop, it's 21:04. I head to the locker room, grab my bag, and change into it after getting in the girls' changing room. I put my hair down, and my h/c hair swayed from side to side, happy to finally breathe. I tie my shoelaces and leave the changing room, wearing my f/v/c bag I drag my feet to the counter and wave to Uncle Haru before making my way back home.

I walk down the neighborhood and see the lights in the house on.

'Mom and Dad must be home, this doesn't look so good.'

I fish out the keys from my bag and walk through the back door, thinking of an excuse if they stop me. I see Mom and 'Dad' in the kitchen standing around a pile of empty glass bottles which I'm guessing are either beer or alcohol, and quickly run up to my room, accidentally dropping my hair tie.

As I put my f/v/c bag under my bed I hear someone scream my name. Who? Mom. I run down the stairs and walk into the kitchen, a safe few steps away from Mom.

"Yes, m-mom?" I ask stuttering, not looking her in the eyes

"WHY DID YOU COME HOME SO LATE, AND WHAT IS THIS STUPID F/V/C HAIR TIE DOING ON THE FLOOR!?"

"I-i can explain... I was-"

Smash

Blood trickles down my forehead as small pieces of glass hit my face, I try not to scream.

"NO EXPLAINING! YOU DO THIS ALL THE TIME!? WHERE ARE YOU WHEN WE'RE NOT HERE!?" I don't answer her as I try to keep my breath steady. I see 'Dad' enter from behind the counter with a rolling pin in his hand, and my eyes widen in shock.

Crash

'Dad' hit the wall on top of my head, while I tried blocking mom's punches. I was too weak, my voice wouldn't come out, and I couldn't talk after a blow to my throat, I dropped to the floor. I tried getting back up again but got hit by the rolling pin on my arm. Tears mixed with blood fall down my cheeks, the metallic taste now no longer foreign to me.

I start feeling dizzy, the room looks like it's spinning and I finally drop unconscious to the floor.

Bam

My 'parents' were laughing hysterically while kicking and throwing my unconscious body around like a rag doll.

Pop

Bones crack and the sound of laughter soon dies out like the candle they planned to burn me with.