𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟕

One day, two days, 3 days, 4 days, 5 days, 6 days, a week, a month, 2 months, and finally 3 months.

Beep

Beep

Beep

My alarm wakes me up with the most pleasant sound to ever exist on earth. I look at my phone which is now off the charger.

05:00

I sigh. I take the covers off of me and walk around the room whilst stretching. I then make my bed and head to the wardrobe. There lay in the exquisite wardrobe-my first-ever uniform with imaginary sparkles around it. I take it along with some other pieces of necessary clothing and head to the connected bathroom to shower.

Drops of water glide down my body as I dry myself with my f/v/c towel. I step out of the shower and start wearing my uniform.

I start adjusting the tie around my neck and fix the grey jacket. I make a small twirl and look into the mirror. I tug at the hem of my shirt, flattening it out. I then put on my grey knee-length socks along with a pair of brown sneakers. I add a f/v/c watch and strap it down on my wrist. I then head out of the bathroom to find my school bag. I bought it a few days ago with Asami and Tadashi along with some other school supplies.

Flashback

"No. Just no. You're not getting that. It's too girly."

"But she's a girl! I think it's great!"

"No, it's not! Ask her!" They both run to face me. I look at them with an unsure face.

"I-I agree with Asami, a little too girly..."

"See! I told you! Now let's get you something else."

"Like what? A rock'n'roll school bag?"

"No, a f/v/c backpack." She lifts a bag from one of the shelves. "Like this, for example. Go look around Y/N we'll look as well." I nod at her and start looking around the store.

A f/v/c bag with swirl designs? No.

A bag with chains? No.

A plain one maybe? No.

A simple one? Sure.

I reached the top shelf by standing on my tippy toes. I brought the bag down and examined it. Nothing too flashy, nothing eye-blinding, and nothing too plain. I examine the bag.

This is perfect! I carried it along with me finding some cute notebooks on my way back to Asami and Tadashi, though I wasn't greeted with a nice or normal 'hello',

"She'll need this at school, trust me!"

"No! She won't! She's going to UA, for god's sake! She won't need pepper spray!" Tadashi found a pencil case behind him and held it in front of Asami.

"This is dumb! She won't like that! It's a disgusting color! What don't you understand!? She likes f/v/c!"

"But maybe she'll like this!"

"No! She won't! Ask her!" They both speed walked towards me. "Which one?" They plainly said. I looked at what they both were carrying. They were pencil cases. Tadashi had a n/f/v/c plain pencil case while Asami had a f/v/c pencil case with small designs on it. I looked up at Tadashi with a sorry face and pointed at the pencil case in Asami's hand.

She cheered and grinned like a madman before dragging me to the counter. Tadashi sluggishly followed us. He came and held out a credit card to the cashier, I pushed the credit card away and replaced it with mine but I wasn't fast enough.

"Why did you pay!?"

"Because someone told me and Asami to spoil you a little! That's why!"

"You weren't supposed to say that, Tadashi!"

"Oops.." Tadashi hung his head low and faced the floor. I patted his back and took the credit card back from the cashier once they held it in front of me then gave it back to Tadashi. It was Miss Aiko's. We thanked the cashier and carried plastic bags filled with new school supplies.

Flashback end

I packed a few things inside the new f/v/c bag. I also carry a small key chain of a flower with the house keys on it and make my way down the stairs after locking my bedroom door only to be met with a fist to my face.

Splat

Blood stained my brand-new uniform. The white now turned slightly pink in certain areas while my red tie became a darker shade of red. Blood trickled down the side of my face.

"WHERE ARE YOU GOING BRAT!?"

A masculine voice yelled into my ear while grabbing a handful of my hair and raising it above him. He hits me in the stomach this time, I cough out blood, some spraying on his clothes

"I SAID. WHERE ARE YOU GOING BRAT!?"

He screamed once more into my ear, spit flying everywhere around my face. I didn't answer. He slapped me on the face, tears now mixed with the fresh blood. He grabs my left arm and slowly twists it. I scream in pain and struggle to get out.

I used my free hand to hit him in the stomach, he released me and I ran out of the house quickly locking the door behind me. I ran from the house. I hear the screams of my stepfather echo throughout the neighborhood.

I run while looking at my watch. My breaths are short. I count slowly and make my way to UA, which is about 10 minutes away. The time is... I look at my watch once more,

08:20

SHIT! I'm going to be late on my first day! Late to homeroom! When does it end again!? I search for the answer in my brain going through every file of information stored in my head. That's it! It ends at 08:25! I start running faster receiving weird looks from people, and apologizing to any that I bump into by accident every now and then. Remember how I said that I only trained just for emergencies- it was a white lie. Half was true and half was fake. It's mainly for self-defense from my parents but Uncle Haru doesn't know that.

Though I rarely raise a hand to my mother and stepfather, it was necessary. I tried to not be late on the first day of school, but here I am. Running, ever so slightly limping from the blow to my stomach. I clutch the side of my stomach as I run.