𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔

I feel hands shake me, not 2 but more, maybe 6. But I can't seem to open my eyes, it's like I'm stuck, or maybe my eyes are glued shut. Or something like that. But that wasn't the case. Stuck in a black void, a nightmare.

Nightmare

People run through the black void, buildings crash, and a few limbs are scattered across the place. The people made out of black smoke continue running, running to escape the next building behind them that's about to crash. Screams of agony echoed through the void before shifting to another perspective.

There I lay on the ground, bloody and beaten. My hair was soaked in blood, I lay in a pool of it. Soot and dirt found home on my bloody blue hoodie. My body gets lifted by something, something black with red uneven stripes of some sort. I try squirming around, trying to escape it but it stops to no avail. It raises me high, my eyes are closed but I can still see. I try to use my quirk through the state of panic but nothing happens.

I hear a deep laugh, I can't move. The person or whatever it is, laughs at me, mocks me and finally taunts me. Then squeezes me with the black mix of red tendrils, slowly and efficiently choking me. People nearby watch, some end up in tears while a few laugh or mock the now limp body that lay motionless in the tendrils.

A calming yet unclear voice echoes throughout the void,

"ĐØ₦'₮, ĐØ₦'₮ ĐØ ł₮. ɎØɄ ₵₳₦ ₴₳VɆ Ʉ₴. ĐØ₦'₮ JɄ₴₮ ₴₮₳₦Đ ₮ⱧɆⱤɆ. ⱧɆⱠ₱. ⱧɆⱠ₱ Ɏ/₦ , ₥₳₭Ɇ ₣ⱤłɆ₦Đ₴ ₮Ø ₴₳VɆ, ₴₳VɆ ɎØɄ ₭₦Ø₩ ₩ⱧØ."

Nightmare end

Beep

Beep

Beep

The sound of beeping constantly repeats, annoying me. I turn to lay on my back, panting with beads of sweat acting like glue that sticks the thin hospital blanket to me, I squint my eyes, slowly adjusting to the brightness of the room. Still having the feeling of being shaken, I sit up, I prop my elbows on the bed, and raise myself. I count slowly in my head, inhaling and exhaling each time I say a number. The beeping decreases. My breathing is now steady.

"Oh thank god you're okay!"

"We were so worried about you!"

"Finally you've woken up!"

"Took you so long!"

"Oh shut up Tadashi!"

"Calm down! Don't overwhelm her!" There were three different voices that I could hear. I lifted my arm to try to pat down my messy hair and check if it was soaked in blood. I sigh in relief when I see that it's still my normal h/c.

"Everything alright, Y/N?" I see Miss Aiko ask me, grabbing one of my sweaty hands and holding it. I nod my head.

"What were you saying, Y/N?"

"Saying? What did I say?"

"Uh. You were screaming a little at first, but then after you whispered some random words along the lines of saving someone." My eyes widened and I spit out the first two words that came to my mind.

"Nightmare," I say before taking a deep breath.

"Vision."

"A vision? Well, that sounds weird." Miss Aiko says, rubbing my hand.

"What happened in the vision, Y/N?" Asami asks me shooing Tadashi off, he leaves the room.

"I died." Silence. Small bees were heard outside the window, banging itself against it to get to the flowers. Tadashi knocks on the door and peeps in.

"How..?" Asami questions, looking at Tadashi, motioning for him to come in. He enters the room with Doctor Saito.

"Choked to death by some weird blank and red tendrils." Doctor Saito freezes. I look at her and panic.

"Shit! I think I activated my quirk! Can you please bring her closer to me!" I ask frantically, Doctor Saito just sighs.

"No, I am not under the effects of your quirk. I was just shocked when you said 'choked to death'. What happened?" Doctor Saito asks me while sitting on a spinny chair with a clipboard in hand.

"It seems like she sees visions." Miss Aiko answers for me while Asami tells Tadashi what happened.

"What if they're real?" Tadashi randomly asks, making me panic. Miss Aiko tries calming me down before what Doctor Saito says hits me like a truck.

"It might be real. The visions, I mean." It's like the whole world freezes, I try to think of what will happen in the next few months and years seeing that I might die.

"Just let us know when you get other visions, perhaps let Miss Asami, Miss Aiko, or Mister Tadashi be informed, and then call the hospital and request for me. I'll see what I can do about it. But for now, don't you have training? I heard from this 'Uncle Haru' of yours, he's been checking up on you now and then, calling us to see when you've woken up so you can go back to the dojo." I giggle at this, it's funny knowing that if I'm still in critical condition I need to train, at least when Uncle Haru the trainer is.

"You'll be released today in a few hours," She then looks at the sunglasses lying on the overbed table.

"I see you've read the note," I nod. "Take good care of it, it isn't very fragile but can still be broken easily." I nod my head again.

"Thank you." She turns to me with a warm smile saying that it was her pleasure and leaves the room. Miss Aiko lets go of my hand and looks at me.

"What happened?" She asks me seriously, I am about to respond with a 'What do you mean?' question but she corrects herself before I can.

"What happened 4 months ago in a house that looked like it had been broken into and had people murdered in it? Why were you injured?" I look up at her, silently hoping for her to get my message.

"Asami, Tadashi, you guys should go back to the cafe. You both are still on your shift." They are about to argue but Miss Aiko points to the door. They sluggishly walk out the door.

"They did this, didn't they, Y/N?" I play with my fingers, not looking up to answer her. She sighs and answers her question with an 'Of course they did'.

"Do they know that you're here?" I shrug my shoulders.

"Have they tried contacting you?" I hand her my phone and show her the 1 miscall. She sighs again. Out of the blue, I ask Miss Aiko a question.

"Where would I stay, should I go back home or...?"

"We've contacted your uncle. He'll pick you up at 12, take you for lunch, and then go to your house to collect your clothes and belongings. After that, you will go to his house."

"How long will I be there for?"

"About 3 to 4 months, just in time for your exam."

"But then what will happen to them while I'm at Uncle Haru's place?"

"They'll be staying at a hotel for a few days before going back home. Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Tomorrow at about noon, you have to go to the police station, they want to ask you some questions about what happened." I look at Miss Aiko with uneasy eyes.

"I know you don't want to do it, but they need the answers that they have been waiting 6 months for." I nod my head slowly before sighing.

"Your Uncle should be here in a few minutes, you don't have to work at the cafe until you feel better. Just come back within the next week." I wave her goodbye, scrolling through social media while waiting for Uncle Haru to come pick me up.