𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟕

"That stupid brat! Had us go to school to get her ass here!"

My body was tossed onto the ground, rolling till I hit one of the walls near the staircase. I groan and clutch my head in pain, I get up and squat as I look to the floor, and I tuck my sunglasses into my jacket. My f/v/c backpack was strapped to my back.

"We should've just left her! We could've stayed in the meeting!" I feel the room around me spin.

Meeting...? What meeting?

"But sweetie! He told us to go! As a matter of fact! He made the decision! He wanted us to go!"

He...? Who's 'he'?

"Just leave her. She'll be fine. Let's just go back to the bar."

Pitter

Patter

Pitter

Patter

Slam

I scrambled from my squat and accidentally hit my head on the rail of the staircase. I press onto the strap of my f/v/c bag and groan.

"Owwww." I clutch my head once more and rush into my bathroom. I skim through the cabinets as I feel blood seep through my bandaged forehead. I find the bandages and take off the bloody ones that I have on.

I peel it off and flinch as I reach the end of the bandage. I apply some rubbing alcohol and wince every now and then, I then wrap a fresh bandage around my forehead. I sigh and sit on my bedroom floor, I stare at the wall and scroll through social media.

I saw a video with the title VILLAINS ATTACK UA HERO COURSE STUDENTS, now that's interesting. I click on it and see clips of students fighting against villains, some were heavily injured as well as the teacher. So that's how he got injured! But- was it my fault? Never mind that. I shake my head and continue watching the video.

That's weird, seems like these visions actually tell the truth. Now I'm really scared... I pace around the room before heading to my wardrobe.

I change into my pajamas and take my lunch box downstairs with me. I took a new container, and cleaned my water bottle right after. I quickly make a bowl of teriyaki chicken and put it in my thermos lunch box, adding a few pieces of ebi furai.

  I quickly make a bowl of teriyaki chicken and put it in my thermos lunch box, adding a few pieces of ebi furai

I inhale the delicious scent of my warm food as I sadly pack them away, making a bowl of ramen for myself and leaving at the side for my parents

I inhale the delicious scent of my warm food as I sadly pack them away, making a bowl of ramen for myself and leaving at the side for my parents. I fill up my water bottle and carry it upstairs, along with my lunch. I pack it in my bag and rub at my slightly sore forehead.

I groaned as I accidentally pressed on an opened wound.

This sucks...What time is it?

I fish my phone from my bag, clicking the 'on' button.

19:53

Maybe I should go train a bit-nah. Maybe I should head to the cafe? They're probably already closed though...What to do?

I stare at the ceiling and lay flat on my back before I finally get an idea of what to do. I grab my drawing book from my bag and head to my desk.

"Maybe I should draw that weird creature that I saw..." I mutter to myself, drawing squiggly lines and random sketches. I focus on the head first before making my way down with my mechanical pencil down to its legs. It's in a crawling position, I grab some color pencils and start shading the creature.

  It's in a crawling position, I grab some color pencils and start shading the creature

(Picture/Drawing does not belong to me)

I add the shadow and lift the drawing. I feel my eyes twitch, I rush to get my sunglasses but see a black mix of purple writing in the air. It's as if it was written on an invisible whiteboard. I get up from my desk, tuck my chair in, and walk towards the writing. It was neatly written in bold.

Nomu

Nomu

Nomu

Artificial Humans created by Dr

I squint my eyes and watch the writing vanish, a picture shows up with a label at the bottom.

Nomu

"Nomu...?" The picture fades away and leads me to stare at a wall. Nothing's there. I wave my hands around where the writing once was. Nothing, no barriers, no boards.

I walk back to my desk and pick up my f/v/c pen. At the top right of the page, I write the date and my signature, but in the middle of the page, I write the word 'Nomu'. I drop the pen and check my f/v/c digital alarm clock.

20:46

Might as well get ready for bed...

I pack my drawing book away in my bag and zip it up. I lock my door and jump on my bed. I lift the duvet over my head and snuggle underneath it, hugging my pillow and telling myself 'goodnight'.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Wake up, Y/N!"

"Wake up!"

"Class is about to start!"

I groan and shove my face deeper into my shoulders. "5 more minutes..." I hear a sigh as I proceed to continue my nap.

"Just let her be. She'll get herself in trouble if she doesn't listen."

"But-!" So noisy...

"That's her problem, not ours." Just let me sleep...

"He does have a point..." Or not-

"Fine! Let's just go back to our seats!" Footsteps start to fade away, farther away from my seat The gang sits around Hitoshi's table. I lift my head and cover my drawing of the Nomu. Maybe I should add a few more touches...

I start making random shadows and some other additional sketches to the Nomu, my eyes begin to feel heavy and I put my head in between my shoulders and take a nap once more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Miss L/N! What is this!?"