𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟖

I immediately raise my head to see Midnight's face right in front of mine. I squeak out a 'yes' earning odd looks from my classmates. She points at my drawing book and lifts it up, allowing it to dangle as it were at her fingertips.

"This?"

"Oh!" Quick, quick! Think of something, Y/n!

"That-I drew that last night! I was just drawing a picture my brother sent me! We made a bet, he'd give me 100 ¥! And I want to win the bet, so I just finished adding a few final touches!" Midnight stares at me weirdly as if she was thinking hard, she huffs and nods her head.

"I'll return it to you at the end of class." I nod my head and give her my drawing book, she takes it with her and leaves the class, peeping from behind the door and saying.

"Chikuchi Togeike, Miss Togeike." She points at her. "You're in charge." Chikuchi nods her head and salutes as Midnight vanishes with my sketchbook.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Nomu!? HOW!?"

"She wasn't there!" People stood around the table as Midnight lifted a sketchbook.

"Y/N drew this!?"

"How could she have known the name!?"

"HUH!?"

"I thought she only saw visions!"

"She drew this yesterday!"

"Maybe there were voices?"

"Just give it back to her." Midnight nods her head.

"Just ask the girl!"

"What-!"

"Go back Midnight."

"You still have a class to teach, don't forget."

"Right! She's the cover for Ectoplasm! Forgot!"

"Bye Midnight!" She waves goodbye and exits the room.

"Bye Mic."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Everyone please be seated and please remain quiet." The students of Class 1C nodded their heads as they all went back to their seats, taking out something to keep them busy.

"In the meantime! Please do not leave your seats!" The class representative exclaimed before rushing back to her seat, sneaking in curious glances my way every now and then as we waited for Midnight to return.

A small peep or a hush came from another student, and Chikuchi immediately told them off. Did I ever mention that she was a class representative? She fits the role perfectly!

Hitoshi rolled his eyes, muttering incoherent words under his breath. He caught me looking at him and shrugged his shoulders muttering the word 'later', I nodded my head and gazed at my desk.

I fiddle with my mechanical pencil, spinning it as I start counting for some unknown reason.

1

2

3

4

5

6

7

I take a breath and rub my healed forehead.

8

9

10

11

12

13

14

15

16

17

18

19

Slam

The door is slammed open by the one and only Midnight in her skintight bodysuit.

"Let's continue students!" She says, clapping her hands together as she walks back to the middle of the classroom, leaving my sketchbook at her desk. She nods her head my way and I tilt my head in confusion. She ignores me and continues with the lesson.

Flashback

"Are you sure she didn't say anything about this to you, Recovery Girl?"

"No, she didn't. As I said, she only came here for me to heal her forehead. She had it wrapped up this morning, it was a fresh bandage. She had told me that it was giving her headaches."

"Sooooo... you healed her and she just left?"

"Yes, though she thanked me before she left as well as wishing me a good day- Wait. Why are you asking?" The teachers look at each other as they shake their heads.

Midnight brought a sketch of a nomu from the attack that was drawn by Miss L/N."

"Weird thing is we never told her what it looked like nor what it was called." Recovery Girl gave a smooch to an unconscious student as she sat on her spinning chair.

"You know, there are videos on the media that show the nomu, right?"

"That's true- But what about the name!"

Yeah! No one was informed about it! Other than HPSC, a few heroes, and finally the teachers and students who were present."

"I really don't know. Aizawa you should go back to teaching your class. Your breaks are almost over." She looks over at the other teachers standing behind Mr Aizawa.

"Same goes for the both of you. You can interrogate my granddaughter later. I have patients to deal with. Off you go."

Flashback end

The bell rings and students shove each other out the door, happily chatting away about the Sports Festival. Sports Festival this, Sports Festival that, so annoying. Midnight calls me over to her desk.

"You guys find a tale first, I'll come after." Chikuchi grabs Tsutsutaka's arm and drags him out the door leaving Hitoshi to trail behind. He stared at me muttering the word 'later' once more as I simply nodded my head, closing the door behind him and walking over to Midnight's desk.

She cleared her throat as I stood opposite her with my hands in my pockets and my f/v/c bag only hanging on one of my shoulders. She looks up at me and hands me my sketchbook, I thank her though I still stand in front of her. Waiting for her to say something. She clears her throat once more and points at the sketchbook.

"That's a very accurate and realistic drawing of nomu, you know. You should be an artist." I shake my head indicating a no.

"Though I do wonder, how do you know that this artificial human, as you phrased it, is a nomu. Did you watch a video?"

"I watched a video of it, to draw it accurately. But I guess you could say that the name just popped up in my head." I stared at my hands, slightly sweating about the lie I had just told a teacher whose chest was almost shoved in front of my face as she leaned over her table.

She nods her head as I pack my sketchbook away. "You can go for lunch, have a good meal!" I whisper a quiet thank you before scurrying out of the classroom to the cafeteria.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lavender hair, lavender hair...Where is that lavender head?

I scan through the cafeteria and walk back and forth, not spotting Hitoshi. "Y/N!" "Y/N!" "Over here!" I spot Tsutsutake and Chikuchi waving me over, I walk towards them and ask if they have seen Hitoshi.

"Ah! Shinso is up on the roof!"

"Yeah! He said that he wanted us to tell you that he wanted to tell you something!"

"Yeah, girl! Don't keep him waiting!" I groan at Chikuchi's answer and grumble but still make my way to the roof.