𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕

It's been a day since I've been staying with Uncle Haru and everything's been great so far. I've been slowly getting back into my training schedule with my trainer, hour after hour we try to help gain some of the hidden strength that I had lost in the incident. Uncle Haru and I are in his private gym, sitting on a bench in the corner of the room taking a little break. Beads of sweat pooled on my face, glistening like crystals.

"Hey, Uncle Haru." He replies with a hum.

"Don't you think we should get ready for you-know-what?"

"You're right, do a set of fifteen more push-ups then go get ready, I will do that too. Meet in the living room in twenty minutes." These were Uncle Haru's last words before leaving the gym turning left. I then started doing my task of fifteen push-ups before leaving the gym, heading in the opposite direction of where Uncle Haru went.

I rush to the shower, switch it on, and take a quick bath. I exit the shower with my f/v/c towel wrapped around my body. Drops of water fall onto the marble tiles as I walk to my new dark-coated, oak wood wardrobe with a mirror and a sliding door attached, and pick out a black and black and white plaid tank top along with a black pleated skirt and white ankle-length socks. I found a random bra in one of the compartments of the wardrobe along with an undergarment, I quickly put those on, almost losing my footing and crashing into the wardrobe.

I then tug at the ends of my checkered tank top and skirt, then look in the mirror and spin. The pleated skirt goes right above my knees. If it was a windy day today then my skirt would rise, so I grab a black pair of spandex shorts before running into the living room.

There sat Uncle Haru in the living room, watching the news, switching the TV off after hearing my footsteps. He was in a dark white dress shirt with the top to buttons open, showing his collar bone, along with wearing a pair of black chinos.

"Ready to go?" I nod my head in return, we get in his car and drive off to the police station.

Cops rushing in and out was the sight that we were greeted with. We went up to the counter.

"Name?" The police officer behind the counter asks.

"Y/N L/N." I reply to the cop, Uncle Haru whispers something in his ear, and the cop nods his head.

"Room 4, just head straight and then to the left, it'll be easy to find." The cop says before dismissing us. Uncle Haru and I then followed his directions to room 4. He knocks on the door, I stand behind him with my hands behind my back. We hear a faint 'come in' and go inside.

Behind the desk was a man. A man with short black hair and somewhat black rectangular eyes. He greets us with a smile and points us to the chairs, we take a seat. The man clears his throat, hands intertwined together in front of him, resting on the table.

"Hello, my name is Detective Naomasa Tsukauchi. I'm a detective here in Musutafu, and I'd like to try to figure out what happened 6 months ago in your home." He had a smile plastered on his face, eyes closed.

"Pleasure to meet you Detective Tsukauchi, I am the 'uncle' of Y/N here. The name's Haru Kobayashi."

"Pleasure to meet you both, Miss L/N and Mister Kobayashi." He cleared his throat once more.

"Well, Miss L/N. Let's head straight to the topic. Care to explain?" He subtly said to me with his head no longer facing us, shuffling noises coming from a drawer as he fished out a notepad and a pen before placing them in front of him.

"It's a vague image, I can't remember exactly what happened but I'll tell you what I can." inhale a deep breath. "Mom and Dad weren't in the right state of mind, I believe they were a little tipsy. I accidentally hurt myself with a rolling pin. It was lying on the floor, I didn't notice it in my path and stepped on it. I slipped and fell, head first into a few of the glass bottles that were also lying on the floor." It was partially true, although I didn't fall head first into a bunch of glass bottles nor did I slip on a rolling pin. But they were there.

Uncle Haru and the detective look at me. Uncle Haru just plainly stares, while Detective Tsukuachi writes notes at the same time, looking up at me now and then.

"Well then, care to explain the injuries on your body?"

"I don't think I remember any injuries, sir."

"Okay then, what about the bloody footprints that were trailing down the hall? That couldn't have possibly been from an injury to the head."

"I think I might've fallen a few times, tripping on something sharp. I don't know." Detective Tsukauchi stares intently at his notepad, finding pictures of the incident inside a dark blue folder. He opens it and finds a picture of my living room, it was a mess.

"What about this?" My eyes widen in shock, my breathing becomes unsteady. Blood was everywhere in that picture, on the couch, the carpet, and the chairs.  Images of the event flash through my mind like an open picture book with pages flipped at an immense speed.  Count Y/N, Count I kept on telling myself. I take a deep breath in, eyes slightly wavering as I look down at my hands.

"I-I don't remember, s-sorry." A mess? How? The couch wasn't flipped over nor was the coffee table while I was conscious. They must've wrecked the living room while I was unconscious, but how?

I hear a sigh, I look back up, Uncle Haru and the detective look conflicted.

"From what I've heard, you can see visions or perhaps future flashes.  Is that correct, Miss L/N?"  My lips slightly parted, and I sighed.

"Yes."

"We'll be keeping tabs on you for that, it could be of help to you later on."  He concludes.

"I'm pretty sure you know that you'll be staying with your uncle here for about 3 to 4 months, right?" I nod my head. "Then after that, you'll be heading back to your old house. You've been notified by Miss Aiko, I presume. About where they would be staying." I nod my head again.

"Well then, that's it. Mister Kobayashi, please just sign a few papers to prove you are her legal guardian for a few months, the papers will be at the front desk. In the meantime, please stay safe and out of trouble. Your new school would be informed of your situation, only if you get in though. Goodbye, have a nice day." Detective Tsukauchi smiled, Uncle Haru and I bowed before making our way out the door.

"Well, kiddo. Seems like you survived the small interrogation session." I sigh in reply. "After this, we'll get lunch, then maybe go back to training or if you want, back to Sunset Cafe. Sounds alright?" I nod my head, following him to the front desk.

"We'll grab lunch on the way home. Maybe Chinese take-out or maybe KFC?" He kept on ranting about what to have for lunch whilst signing the papers, walking out the door with me taking the lead, and suddenly bumping into someone.

"HEY! WATCH WHERE YOU'RE GOING!"

"Hey, kid! Sorry about her! And for god's sake! WATCH YOUR GOD DAMN MANNERS!"