𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖

I quickly stood up, clutching the edge of my pleated skirt, with my eyes shut almost as if squinting.

"S-sorry." Uncle Haru took my hand in his, pushing me behind him.

"I JUST SAID WATCH WHERE YOU'RE GOING, EXTRA!"

"You kid! Stop with that attitude!"

"Watch your language! She apologized!"

"Still! WATCH IT, EXTRA!" Sounds of chuckles escaped Uncle Haru's mouth, shaking his head from side to side, he let go of my hand and started rolling up the sleeves of his white dress shirt, looking as if preparing for a fight. He got into a simple fighting stance with his fists propped in front of his chest while bending his knees a little, placing his weight on his knees.

"Fix your attitude! Respect your elders you brat!" I tugged on one of his sleeves from behind in his position, I let out a sigh. He understands the message and drops his stance.

"I DON'T NEED A STUPID LECTURE! Heroes don't...!" Those were the last few words we heard before the person stormed off, with small sparks of orange escaping his clenched fist. We then start walking away as well.

"H-hero?" I mutter to myself coming to a halt, though it seems Uncle Haru heard me. He stopped walking.

"Hero, huh? From what I can tell, he seems like he has an explosion quirk. He might get far.  Lunch?"

"L-lunch." I stutter, a little shaken up from what just happened. How can one person be so angry? A Hero? With that attitude? Uncle Haru does have a point. Hero's are supposed to ensure safety and keep us calm while doing so, they have to be nice and kind, but that person- is a whole other story.

We both walked away from the police station, making our way to a nearby Chinese restaurant for take-out.

As soon as we got home, we ate the take-out in the living room while watching a movie. I had vegetable spring rolls and fried squid, Uncle Haru had an egg roll and fried rice. Once we finished eating, I washed the dishes. And that brings us to the point where we are right now.

"Hey, Y/N," I turned around from facing the sink to looking at Uncle Haru.

"Yes, Uncle?"

"We'll cancel training today, you can go over to the cafe you work for but only after you do the dishes. Visit your friends or whatever, as long as you come back by sundown."

I was practically emitting an aura of happiness at the words he said. I had a rare but genuine smile on my face. I nodded my head so fast someone would've thought that it might fall off. I do as he says before running upstairs to change.

I rush to my temporary room and search through my wardrobe. Uncle Haru had insisted on buying me new clothes because my old ones were too 'crappy' and 'out of trend'. I think of possibilities of what to wear inside my head, not wanting to disturb Uncle Haru who is now taking a nap in his bedroom opposite mine. Another tank top? Nah. Maybe a floral dress? Nope. Cargo pants? Yeah! That'll do! Maybe a crop top? A black one! Yes! Found it!

  Cargo pants?  Yeah!  That'll do!  Maybe a crop top?  A black one!  Yes!  Found it!

(Pictures do not belong to me- but this is what the outfit can look like!  You can pick)

(Pictures do not belong to me- but this is what the outfit can look like! You can pick)

I find a pair of black combat boots in the bottom rack, I take them and slip them on. My white ankle-length socks are no longer visible. I grab a small handbag that was under my hoodie that was lying on a chair in my room and then make my way downstairs and out the door. I hid the keys in the f/v/c handbag and my phone in one of the many pockets. I close the door behind me and walk to Sunset Cafe.

It wasn't that long of a walk, though I should've brought a cap with me. I spot Sunset Cafe down the street and walk towards it. I push open the glass doors, and the sound of bells chiming makes its way to my ears. I walk up to the counter, wanting to make a simple order of a blueberry muffin until-

"Welcome to Sunset Cafe! May I take your order, Miss- Y/N!!!" The person jumps over the counter and hugs me. I pat their shoulder indicating I want to be placed down, my legs were dangling in the air as the person spun me around.

"Calm down Tadashi."

"Oh My Gosh, I missed you so much! Miss Aiko! Asami! Look who's here!" Shuffling came from the kitchen and out popped an infuriated staff member.

"Stop causing a ruckus, Tadashi. You're scaring the customers-"

"Y-Y/N?"