𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎

Days turn to months and the time has finally come. Here I stand in front of the entrance of the prestigious UA High School after days of training and working at Sunset Cafe. The place was very crowded, friends were chatting while others went to the auditorium. I was in a short burgundy dress paired with my favorite ankle boots and white ankle-length socks with my hair tied into a ponytail.

  I was in a short burgundy dress paired with my favorite ankle boots and white ankle-length socks with my hair tied into a ponytail

(The picture does not belong to me- But this is what the dress can look like)

Ding

I pull my phone out from my f/v/c handbag and see a message from Uncle Haru.

Uncle Haru:

I know you don't want to do it, but at least try.

I put you under the Hero Course Practical Entrance Exam, but if you don't make it. You'd be put into General Studies.

Y/N L/N:

But I don't wanna!

Uncle Haru:

Please try, for me.

Y/N L/N:

Fine.

Only for you though. And you're sure that if I don't make it, I'd be placed in General Studies?

Uncle Haru:

Yes, I already spoke with the principal about it and he said it was fine.

Please try, and don't lie on the ground as soon as the entrance exam begins, I will know if you do. If you try your best we'll go on one more shopping spree and extra training before you go back to your house.

A puff of mist exits my parted lips. Seriously?  Might as well make my way to the auditorium, but the good thing is that I'll be placed directly in General Studies if I fail, so YES!  Why not use that opportunity, am I right?

I walked up the steps of the prestigious school, seeing a fluff of green in the distance float. A person-floating. Not something you see every day. You know what, I'll just shut up.

I make my way through the halls and see a sign that has the words,

Written Exam

In bold. I enter the hall and find myself a seat in one of the back rows, taking my small f/v/c Eraser Had-themed pencil case from my handbag, finding a pen and a ruler as well as a pencil and vanilla-scented eraser.

Our staff can see if you cheat, the questions are simple answers to all of them. The exam paper is already placed on your desk. Once you are done press the small red button at the end of your desk labeled 'Done' to let the staff know you've completed it. Once the staff collect your paper, you can exit the hall and wait for the next part of your exam. The Hero Course, General Studies, and last but not least, Management Studies. Once the button that says 'Done' turns green, you can begin. Again I repeat, please do not cheat, other than that. Good Luck with your exam.

Said a monotone yet robotic voice coming from the speakers that were placed in almost every corner of the room.

Well, isn't this just my luck? Knowing that I'd be spied on by a bunch of teachers while I took my exam-creepy. I take a deep breath in wait for the button on my desk to turn green.

5,

4,

3,

2,

1.

I lift my pen and start filling out the paper.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An hour passed and I now sit in the auditorium of the Hero Course Practical Entrance Exam. I sat at the back- yes, just like the written portion of the exam- and looked at the big screen and the announcer of the talk. There stood a man, with hair the color of a banana. Present Mic.

"Hey, Listeners! Welcome to the practical exam! Everybody say 'hey'!"

Nothing, you could hear pins drop in the silence, nobody spoke, although there was a little bit of muttering from a few rows before me. Minutes passed and Present Mic explained what to do, so I decided to take a little nap- well, not for long.

In the crowd stood a bluenette with glasses and a very stiff posture, he pointed his finger at another examinee before pointing at me.

"... and you! Girl in the very back row with the h/c hair! What are you doing over there taking a nap while a pro Hero is explaining to you what to do for the exam? This is very unacceptable! If you wish to fool around, and not pay attention! Please leave!" I raised my head after hearing a description of me. I stood up fed up with what he said about me disrespecting a pro Hero. The light that had once shown on the bluenette now faced me.

"I don't care about what you think, four-eyes. And for your information, I listened to his explanation quite peacefully with my eyes shut until YOU ruined it! Now, please allow the pro Hero to continue his speech." Many people were laughing after I had sat back down. The bluenette copied my actions after allowing Present Mic to continue. Some even praised me for standing up for myself- it was annoying.

Once Present Mic had finished his speech, I headed to my battle center. Battle center B.