𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒

My eyes flutter open seeing a broken vase on the floor, in a state of panic I try getting up but wince. I try screaming, but nothing comes out. I look around the room, I'm still in the kitchen, I see the digital clock on the kitchen counter, 14:45.

'Shit. I'm late for my shift, Miss Aiko's gonna kill me!'

I slowly and carefully stand up and walk up the stairs wincing at every small movement I make. I grab my phone from under my covers and press the call button.

Ring

Ring

Ring

"Where are you!?" I hear the voice of Tadashi, I blink in confusion changing it to video call. I face the camera towards the ceiling before facing it towards the trail of blood on the floor.

"Oh, you on your period sis?" I shake my head knowing he can't see me, instead I shake the camera trying to tell him no. I don't want him to see me like this.

"Hold on let me get Asami, maybe she knows what's going on if you're not on your period. Asami!" He calls out. I face my phone towards the ceiling again.

"What!?" The muffled response echoes through my phone.

"Come here! It's Y/N!" Tadashi screams I hear loud footsteps through the phone.

"Y/N!?" I hear Asami yell through the phone, I lift my phone up and down as if saying yes.

"Hold on a minute Tadashi, why do you have Miss Aiko's phone?"

"Oh, she told me to unplug it from the charger, but I saw Y/N's call and answered it." I hear a sigh through the phone.

"Hey, why aren't you here? Something wrong?" She changes the topic. My thoughts are arguing with each other about whether or not I should show her what's happening. I first face the phone towards the trial of blood.

"Y/N, what's going on..." Asami slowly starts.

"She told me she wasn't on her period," Tadashi says trying to take the phone from Asami but failing. He then leaves the employee's restroom from what I can see.

"Y/N L/N. Show. Me. Your. Face." I shake the phone as in no.

"Y/N L/N. If you do not show me your face right now, I will call your parents." At the mention of my parents, I quickly switched the camera to show my face. Asami screams through the phone, I drop the phone on the bed and cover my ears, flinching.

Loud footsteps are heard on the other line.

"What!?" I hear Tadashi say.

"CALL MISS AIKO!" Asami yells at him, with tears slowly dripping onto her lap. I see Tadashi leave my screen.

"Y/N hang in there, okay? Everything's going to b-be al-right." Asami hiccups, I start feeling tired, my eyes slowly droop.

"She's here Asami!" Miss Aiko enters the room with Tadashi, she then sees Asami crying and asks what's wrong. Asami hands Miss Aiko her phone and gasps at the sight. A bloody nose, blood all over her face, glass in her forehead, a busted lip, and many painful cuts.

"Y/n!?" I perk up when I hear Miss Aiko's voice through the phone. I rub my eyes and look at her.

"Y/N WE'LL BE RIGHT THERE, JUST HANG ON SWEETIE! Tadashi lock the cafe, tell the customers it's an emergency! Asami call the ambulance and then come with me. Send Tadashi the address so he can come afterward! QUICK! Y/N DON'T YOU DARE FALL ASLEEP, STAY WITH ME!" My eyes start drooping now and then but I hear Miss Aiko talking to me, trying to keep me awake.

I also hear Asami on the phone with the hospital telling them to bring an ambulance. I hear the engine of a car turn on, someone's driving somewhere.

"Y/N please talk to me dear!" Miss Aiko requests gripping onto the steering wheel tighter.

"I-" Blood comes gushing out from my throat. Asami ends the call with the hospital and stares at me through the phone.

"Hang on Y/N! We're almost there! just two minutes! You can do this! Just stay awake! Don't go to sleep!" I nod my head at Asami's request. I hear the faint sound of an ambulance nearby.

"Stay awake Y/N!" Miss Aiko tells me, she's panting, Asami is as well. The sound of footsteps getting louder and louder is present.

Slam

My door gets slammed open, I see vague figures of Miss Aiko and Asami run towards me. I feel someone hold me.

"Hey sweetie, please stay awake, we're here." A voice says, lying me down on my bed.

"Everything's going to be alright." I try to respond, but only the sounds of my rigid breathing are heard. I feel hands placed on my face, feeling a little warm and fuzzy, and my head starts to spin.

"PARAMEDICS ARE HERE MAKE SPACE! MADAM PLEASE FOLLOW US!"

Those were the last words I heard before blacking out.