𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟏

"Wake up." I jolt out of bed and fall face-first on the floor, I scan the room.

"Hello?" I get up from the floor and rub my slightly red cheeks.

Ring

Ring

Ring

Ah right! The sports festival! Guess I'll have to deal with the voice later...

I rush to the bathroom and change into my uniform. Hold on- If today's the sports festival. Then it means that there are no classes, but maybe I'll need them.

"Ughhh. I'll just pack another bag, maybe we need the gym uniform." I place my uniform in the duffel bag and zip it up. I grab a few bottles and put them in before flinging them over my shoulder. Uncle Haru should be picking me up in about-

08:15

Now. I run out of the room and quickly pick up my bag, I jump down the stairs and rush out to the driveway.

Honk

Honk

I wave at Uncle Haru and get in the passenger seat, placing my f/v/c backpack and duffel bag on my lap.

"Morning." He says in a gruff voice as he starts driving out of the driveway and onto the street.

"Morning." I lean forward and turn up the music.

"You ready for the festival, brat?" I nod my head and sit there listening to the music. 5 minutes pass and we almost arrive at the school entrance.

"Hey...Uncle Haru?" He replies with a 'huh' as he still keeps his eyes peeled to the road.

"I-I've been hearing things." He casually nods his head.

"Like what?"

"A voice."

"And what does this voice tell you?"

"It warns me and tells me what to do..."

"Weird...How did this start?" He pulls over to a parking spot as we wait in the car, watching students happily chat with their friends.

"Yesterday, when I was walking home from the dojo." He stares at me. "Go on."

"The voice kept on giving me hints and directions."

"Of?"

"First the voice told me to look behind, then a description of an appearance. A description of a person. The voice then said alleyway-"

"Someone was watching you, and you didn't tell me!?" He bangs his fist on the steering wheel.

"Though as soon as the voice said alleyway, I booked it and ran home." He stares at the mirror, fixing his hair, and patting my shoulder.

"Seems like you've unlocked a sense ability." He pauses as he shakes his head from side to side. "Such a shame it only appeared when you left. It seems pretty useful and you could've trained with it yesterday instead of repeatedly working on your search ability." He sighs before pointing out the window at the prestigious school.

08:30

"You better get going, call me if anything happens during the festival, okay?" I nod my head. "I'll go find a better parking spot before going to some food stalls and heading to the stadium."

"Oh, and good luck!" I wave goodbye and carry both bags to the classroom.

I enter and wave to the class. Ectoplasm was standing in front of the class, clearing his throat when he saw me at the door.

"Since Miss L/N is here, please change into your gym uniforms and head to the waiting room. Your class president will lead you onto the arena. All your belongings can be left in the changing rooms." We nod our heads and head to the changing rooms.

Chikuchi runs up to me and tugs on my arm, dragging me with her. "Aren't you excited!? I am!" I groan and nod my head. "Let's just get changes first and we'll talk about this later." She nods her head and runs off.

I open my locker and slowly remove my blazer, and then my shirt. Good thing I chose to wear a sports bra today. I slip on my top and change my pants. I tie my shoelaces and get up from the bench. I stretch and see the changing room almost empty.

I tuck my bags away in the locker and grab a hair tie. I walk out of the changing room to the waiting room, Chikuchi tags along and I use a f/v/c hair tie on my wrist to tie my hair into a high ponytail.

I spot Hitoshi and Tsutsutaka in the corner and walk over to them. "Good luck for the festival," I say from behind Tsutsutaka, he jumps up from the floor and runs behind Hitoshi.

He accusingly points at me and screams. "Don't scare us like that!" Then we heard giggling, Chikuchi was clutching her stomach as she continuously laughed.

"S-she scared y-you!" Hitoshi shakes his head as a small bell rings. Chikuchi immediately stands up and shouts.

"CLASS 1C! PLEASE WALK OUT OF THE ARENA IN AN ORDERLY FASHION!" Students nod their heads as the door opens. We all walk out as we gaze at the audience. I was right next to Hitoshi, to his left, Tsutsutaka was on my left and Chikuchi was on his left.

"So many people..." I mutter to myself, looking from crowd to crowd. Tsutsutaka notices my distress as he pats my shoulder as a way of calming me down, I thank him and look forward. People were chatting and screaming, waving their hands around like maniacs.

AN echo of someone tapping on a microphone was present, then a clear of the throat, all the students stopped what they were doing and looked up to the source of the noise. Up in one of the booths sat the amazing voice hero, Present Mic. Also known as our extremely loud and annoying English teacher.

"Welcome to the UA's sports festival everybody!"