𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐

I ran at full speed whilst dodging anyone in my way, the other examinees just stood there baffled.

"Huh? Why aren't you guys running? There aren't any countdowns in a real battle against a villain! Run! Do what the h/c girl in the lead is doing! Don't just stand there!"

Feet slamming against the ground loud enough to wake up a bear in hibernation. It was that bad-at least for me. I skimmed through different parts of the city and tried finding any of the 1, 2 or 3-pointer robots.

Beep

"Target acquired."

Beep

A massive shadow was cast from behind me, I slowly turned around, and what the hell!? This thing is huge! It was a 1 pointer, if I can't even defeat this, then there's no way I'm getting into the Hero Course. Which is totally fine but then I'll upset Uncle Haru and maybe Miss Aiko or even Asami and Tadashi-I'll stop there.

With each step the 1 pointer robot made, I took a step back. I can't fight it! I just can't! My quirk doesn't work with robots or anything like that, it only works on humans.

Thump

Thump

It came closer and closer, I will officially die, no one was going to be a true hero and save me-no, they'd watch me suffer due to the fact of me not being able to even look at the 1 pointer in the eye. I'm scared-like really scared, afraid that I might accidentally piss myself-just Ewww let's not think about that in a crisis like this. I just stood there allowing fear to take over me. I start taking in deep breaths due to a miniature mid-second panic attack. I felt my eyes twitch, my eyes turned azure.

And there stood my greatest fear in its physical form, with puffs of black smoke surrounding it after surrounding my feet. A bloody katana held by a clown. My phobia is coulrophobia. To be scared of clowns. A clown? One may ask, yes, a clown. I am absolutely terrified of them. Its red nose is now black, its costume tattered and covered in soot, it looks as if the tip had been bitten off by a dog, and finally the make-up.

The eyes were done so perfectly yet very disturbing. It swung at the 1-pointer and then vanished. It was just a few weeks ago that I realized I could use fears and not nightmares and that I could also make them physical which includes them being out of the mind.

Flashback

"Get in position. We don't have all day. A villain could be attacking any moment and you're just chilling there with your frappuccino. Get your lazy ass up and come at me." Uncle Haru said, tightening his belt.

"But I don't wanna be a hero- '' I sassily said before getting rudely interrupted.

"You know what, fine. Then someone is trying to steal your gaming PC."

"But I don't have one-"

"Stop acting smart with me, Y/N. You're really testing my patience here, and just IMAGINE, THINK! Now, come at me." Uncle Haru motioned with his hands while standing in a stance. I placed my frappuccino on the floor and also got in a fighting stance.

"Fine..." He dashed towards me, dodging every now and then. He then came a little to close for my liking and hit a pressure point on my neck. The weird thing is that I didn't black out. I stood still, eyes flickering from e/c to azure.

"Y/N? What's going on? '' Uncle Haru placed both of his calloused hands on my shoulder and shook me back and forth. Nothing happened, I still stood frozen and unmoving. Puffs of black smoke formed around my feet. Uncle Haru's continuous repeats of my name are now deaf to my ears.

Little by little the small puffs of smoke formed into a figure in front of me, it kept on changing before officially stopping. A rabid rabbit, hopping around with razor-sharp teeth ready to sink its dark teeth into Uncle Haru's arm.

I felt my eyes twitch, and the puff of black smoke disappeared. Uncle Haru lay on the floor a few feet in front of me with his eyes wide open. I dropped to the floor gasping for air, filling up my oxygen slowly but effectively. Seconds passed and Uncle Haru decided to say something.

"Seems like you triggered a second part of your quirk. We'll work on that other than close range, long-range combat, and your quirk itself. Go take a shower then head to bed, training starts at 10 tomorrow."

Flashback end

So that's one point- a lot more to go. My eyes turn back to my normal e/c and I continue with the practical exam. I rush closer toward the heart of the fake city and see many people running away from the 0-pointer.

"10 seconds left, listeners!" Exclaimed Present Mic from the spectator booth. I follow the others and run away from the zero pointer.

"5,

4,

3,

2,

1,

AND 0! Those of the injured examinees please stay while those uninjured can leave. Good Luck with getting into UA High School. GO BEYOND! PLUS ULTRA!"

I looked down at my dress-it was still intact other than having dirt and soot all over it. I sigh and begin making my way to the lockers. Uncle Haru can kiss his dream of me being a hero goodbye, and now I can sleep happily knowing that I won't be placed in the Hero Course, but I let him down...

I take my f/v/c handbag out of the locker and head back to the bus. This time I sat in the front of the bus, taking my phone and Bluetooth earphones out of my handbag and plugging them in. I let the calming music soothe my ears as I scroll through social media.

I sigh again, tomorrow is the day where I'll be heading back to Mom's place- wait a minute.

TOMORROW!? I thought it was after I received my letter!? Why god? Why do you have to do this to me? I'm going to miss staying with Uncle Haru and sleeping in late.

We won't be able to hang out anymore! Not in a weird way- just- you get it. No more watching movies together, no going on shopping sprees. None of that, I'll probably be cooped up at home for most of the day, and maybe if I wanted to leave the house I'd have a struggle sneaking out like those teenagers in the love movies- though I don't love him romantically- that's not the case!

But again. TOMORROW!?