𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟖

If you see someone running, covered in blood. What would you do?

Stare at them and wonder what's going on but do not do anything. That's how it works. They ignore and carry on with their own lives. Where were the heroes? Patrolling. Why didn't they see that bloodied girl in a UA uniform, one of those uniforms that belonged to a prestigious hero school? Didn't patrol in that specific area and time I was there.

Here I stand, patches of blood on my uniform. Panting a little, the gates were still open, I ran in and activated my search quirk to find my classroom.

"Search, search, search."

Strings of black enter my vision, and I follow it. Students no longer in the hallways, I look at my watch,

08:45

I start walking faster, still following the strings of black. I must've slowed down due to the limping, damn it! I arrive in front of a big brown door which giants could pass through easily, maybe I have a classmate with a gigantification quirk. I read the sign with General Studies on the big door and knocked. My search quirk deactivates.

"Come in!" Was my muffled response. I walked into the classroom and heard several gasps of shock. I bow in front of the teacher and say,

"Hello, sensei." I bow in front of my sensei before standing up. The teacher had a black coat that covered most of their body, a black bodysuit with golden strips at the neck area, a black helmet covering his head, a jaw-guard attached over his nose with mufflers at the side, and they also had prosthetic legs, two.

The teacher cleared their throat.

"Uh-" Masculine voice, okay so it's a guy.

"Ms L/N?" I nod my head ignoring the whispers of the other students.

"I will introduce myself later but for now please go to the nurse's office. everything else will be discussed once you return. Shinso." He called one of the students. "Please take your classmate, L/N, to the infirmary." He ushered me out, being mindful of any bloody areas. A boy with very visible eye bags stood up and walked to the front of the class. Sensei takes my bag from me and places it on the floor.

The boy called 'Shinso' follows me out the door. We walk in silence before he starts asking me questions.

"How did you end up like that? That is, if you don't mind me asking?" I stay silent scanning his face as if he were a threat to me.

"Bumped into some people on my way... they weren't exactly the friendliest," I whisper, whipping up a lie. He nods his head. I hold onto the wall for support, him slinging my arm over his shoulders.

His hair smelt like lavender, just like the color of his hair. He doesn't exactly look approachable. I stop walking due to thoughts clouding my head. He clears his throat, I look at him.

"Let's go." He kindly says to me helping me throughout the halls to the nurse's office.

"So, what's your name?" I ask turning around to face him before looking straight ahead.

"Hitoshi Shinso.. you?"

"Y/N L/N..." I reply suddenly thinking of a random question.

"What's your quirk Shinso-kun?" We stop walking, he stands still. He's very tense from what I can tell, he starts saying incoherent words under his breath before continuing our journey to the infirmary. He sighs.

"Don't laugh at me, don't call me names either.." He randomly says, I nod my head. Calling names? Me? I would never, since I know the feeling of being called names. He mutters out 'Fine.. I'll show you' and looks at me.

"Do you want me to show you?"

"Ye-" Blank, my e/c eyes turn white. Blank of any emotion-not like that ever changes- my azure eyes flickering between azure and the blank eyes.

"Go to the nurse's office." He orders, I blankly follow his instructions and suddenly get out of the trance.

"Where am I?" I say it loud enough for Shinso to hear.

"The infirmary."

"But how w-we were," I turned around and pointed, "There." I look at him.

"Quirk..."

"So you were able to control my movements...just because I answered your question?" He nods his head. "Is your quirk mind control?" He shakes his head indicating no.

"It's brainwashing..." He shut his eyes as if expecting me to hit him or laugh in his face, but opened his eyes in shock when he heard me mutter out the word 'cool' with a ghost smile. He pushes the infirmary door open. The smell of antiseptic hit my face like a punch, I cough a bit and face the floor. Remains of blood hitting the tiles.

I see footsteps enter my vision, Shinso holds me up straight and speaks for me.

"She's injured, do you think you could help her?" He asks.

"Sure." An old feminine voice replies, I look up.

"Obaa-san?" I cough a bit more, sending more blood flying and staining the white tiles.

"Y/N!? Come, come dear." Obaa-san leads us to one of the infirmary beds. I sit down while Shinso stands to my right.

"So what exactly happened?" I close my eyes and lie down. Shinso speaks for me once again.

"She ran into some people this morning and they weren't friendly." Obaa-san replied with an 'Ah'.

"I'll keep her here for a while, tell your teacher that she'll be staying here for- '' She looks at the now snoring girl on the bed. "The entire day." Shinso nods his head and starts making his way out of the infirmary before getting stopped by a tug on his sleeve.

"Please, give this to your teacher. Don't want your teacher to scold you for arriving late, do we?" He nods his head and thanks her before leaving the room muttering a quiet 'Bye L/N' to my unconscious body. Recovery Girl sighs before getting on her spinny chair and facing me.

"Is that the truth, Y/N?" She asked my unconscious body before kissing me. Even though I was unconscious, I can guarantee you it felt weird. My snores stopped and I ran out of stamina using any remaining energy to breathe.

Smooch

Smooch

Smooch

Smooch