𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎

The car ride was quiet, I sat in the back seat of the black car, with the window slightly open. Allowing the breeze of air to hit my face. The drive was not long because, by the time I finished this sentence, we already arrived at my house. Uncle Haru got out of the car, grabbed the bag from the trunk, and took out the keys from one of the pockets. I also get out of the car and gently close the door behind me, walking up to the doorstep with the now open door.

Uncle Haru made his way up to my room to drop my bag off and down back to the kitchen where I got myself a granola bar. He sighs, spinning the house key in one hand and the other to push his hair back. He places the key on the kitchen counter.

"Don't ever scare me again like that kid. Go wash your uniform, I'll stay here for a while. Maybe an hour, we could spend time together, okay?" He turns to me, I nod my head. "Let Aiko know you won't be going today...I'll get snacks." He goes further into the pantry while I run upstairs to get my phone from my bag.

He must've unlocked the door...how? Nevermind.

I come back running down the stairs, straight to the living room to see snacks on the coffee table and many blankets on the couch. I smile crawling its way up my face and I take a seat on the couch. I quickly text Miss Aiko a message.

Y/N L/N:

I won't be coming today...

Uncle Haru wants me to stay at home, he wants to check up on me.

Maybe I'll come tomorrow.

I sigh and place the phone on the coffee table, waiting for Uncle Haru to come. A few moments later, he comes into the living room with a bowl of popcorn, he places it on the table and hands me the remote.

"You can pick the movie, if it's boring I might fall asleep halfway. So pick a good one." I nod my head and take the remote from him and scroll through Netflix. It took a while for me to decide what movie I wanted to watch, but in the end, I chose Venom.

By the end of the movie, all the snacks were gone and Uncle Haru was awake. I take the phone off the coffee table,

20:48

I shove my phone in front of his face and he sighs.

"Let's start cleaning this mess up, I'll leave once it's clean." I start taking all the empty snack bags and throw them in the trash. I start getting a cloth and get rid of all the crumbs while Uncle Haru vacuums the carpet and puts the blankets away. I check my phone once more and show it to Uncle Haru.

21:13

He sighs and nods his head, making his way to the front door. He turns around to hug me.

"I'll pick you up tomorrow at 10 past 8, okay?" I nod my head before breaking up from the embrace. I wave goodbye and shut the door, I sigh.

Better go wash this uniform quickly.

I change into a f/v/c tank top and f/v/c shorts and carry my uniform to the laundry room. I shove my clothes in and start the washing machine, tossing a few of my other dirty clothes inside.

Maybe I'll do a second load of laundry for Mom and 'Dad' after this load is too full to fit anything else in.

I then go to my room and eat my lunch that was in my bag. It was onigiri. I go wash my hands in the bathroom then return to my room. I ate them using my hands making sure to wash them again afterwards.

I play some music once I'm done eating my onigiri. Maybe I should prepare lunch for tomorrow since I won't have time in the morning. I get out of my bed and head downstairs with my lunch box.

I open the fridge, there's leftover seaweed from the onigiri as well as the rice. Maybe I should make onigiri again... I look at the clock,

23:20

I start molding the shape of a triangle and wrap the seaweed over like a blanket.

Ding

Ding

Ding

Ding

Oh! The laundry must be done.

I head to the laundry room and put the clothes in the dryer.

Better do mom's and stepdad's clothes too.

I run up the stairs, take a laundry basket with me, and go to my parent's room. I open the door, and the smell of alcohol hits my face, the room is a mess. Clothes lying everywhere, and tissues and beer bottles were scattered around the room.

I'll deal with this later...

I inhale a deep breath of clean air and go to their shared bathroom.

The laundry basket was filled to the top, I took another sharp breath in before carrying it out of the room and closing the door behind me. I carry the basket down the stairs and down to the laundry room, I dump it in.

I look around the laundry room for some cleaning supplies. I take a mask, gloves, a mop, soap, and some other stuff before going to the kitchen to get a bucket of water.

I carry the filled bucket to my parent's room and place it in front of the door. I go back down the stairs to get the other supplies. I put on my mask and gloves before opening the door. I step into the room, carrying the bucket of water with me.

I start throwing the tissues in the bin and tossing the clothes into another laundry basket. I change the sheets and make the bed, airing out the room at the same time. I carry all the glass bottles out of the room, my f/v/c tank top slightly drenched in sweat.

I begin to clean the bathroom, replacing towels and getting out new toothbrushes and toothpaste. I cleaned the cabinets, mopped the floor, cleaned the mirrors, and cleaned the sink. I go back to the bedroom and sigh.

I wipe the sweat off my forehead and start mopping. I don't know how long I was in the room, but I finished cleaning the entire room at the right time.

Ding

Ding

Ding

Ding

I carry the bucket of dirty water and pour it into the toilet, flushing it after. I take everything back downstairs, close the door, and head to the laundry room to swap the clothes in the dryer to a clean laundry basket and the clothes in the washing machine into the dryer.

I take the dry clothes and go to my room to fold them, inhaling the sweet scent of honey from the detergent, I place every piece of clothing in its respective places in the wardrobe.

I plop onto my bed and plug my phone into the charger. The 52 percent bar turns green.

I snuggle under the covers. My eyes start to close.

A small nap wouldn't hurt, right?

That was the last thing I told myself before going to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ding

Ding

Ding

Ding

Crash