𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟎

"Dodge! Kick! Dodge! Punch! Stay focused, Y/N! Ignore what Shishida is doing! Focus! Focus Y/N!"

I dodge a punch from one of the dummies.

"Break!"

I immediately flop myself on the floor, gulping my bottle of water. I look down at the sarashi. Ewww, it's soaking wet. DisGuStaNg. I look up from my position and get up. Uncle Haru was talking to Jurota, helping him with his stance.

"Uncle Haru!" He looks my way.

"What?"

"I'll go change!"

"But training's not over yet." I shake my head and point at my sarashi. "It's soaking wet! Be right back!"

"You know where to get them." I nodded my head and made my way to the girl's changing room. I went to my locker and brought out a long piece of cloth and laid it on the bench. I take a towel out from my bag and start wiping the sweat off my body before wrapping the sarashi.

I gave it one last final pull before putting my bag back in the locker as I walked back to the training room. Jurota and I have been training for about 2 weeks, today is Sunday. A mix of days of working at the cafe in the morning and training in the afternoon. I sigh. Tomorrow will be the day of the sports festival.

"Y/N, hurry up!" I sprint towards him, Jurota now had his turn with the dummies.

"Now, you will fight against me. No quirks first." I nod my head and get in a fighting stance. I knew better than to charge straight at Uncle Haru, so I stood still. He chuckles and swings his right arm aiming for my abdomen which I dodge with a backflip. I then ran towards him and continuously punched him in the chest before kicking him in the knees.

He dodged by using his hand to push my feet upwards. I backflip once more before getting a blow to my good arm. I clutched it in pain and immediately surrendered. I sat down on the floor and brought my knees up to my chest, tucking my head in between my legs.

"I'll get an ice pack." Uncle Haru says before getting an ice pack. Jurota stops fighting the dummies as he sees me on the floor, he runs in my direction and scoops me up bridal style.

"Hey! What happened!? Are you okay?" I stare at him as I show him my bruised arm, he shakes his head and mildly says.

"If it happens, you'll be fine. Happens all the time in training anyways." I nod my head as I lean my head on his furry chest. It was matted with sweat, he had forgotten to bring the top of his uniform and Uncle Haru had none to lend to him. As we were talking I felt something cold yet slightly heavy fall on my head.

I touched the top of my head and touched the cold item. Ice pack.

"Y/N, afterward we will work on your quirk once more." I hesitantly nod my head as I hold the ice pack in place on my bruised arm. We take a 5-minute break before going outside to the private outdoor training grounds. Jurota carries me there and stays with me.

"Shishida, you know what to work on. Y/N come with me, we have to strengthen a few of your abilities." Jurota puts me down and pats my shoulder before walking away. I followed Uncle Haru as he brought me to a table of items.

"Let's see if you can enhance your search ability by navigating items." I nod my head as he shows me different objects. A small pink eraser, a moldy banana, a piece of red string, and a small green notebook.

"Look at all these, and remember what they look like." I scan all of the items before nodding my head.

"I will let you know when you can start finding them, but for now put the blindfold on." I put it on and adjusted the straps.

"Can you see anything?" I shake my head and whisper a 'no'.

"Good, I'll hide them. Just wait. Don't forget, you have to find me too." 5 minutes passed before I heard a booming voice yell out the word 'search'. I pulled the blindfold off and chanted 'search'. Instead of seeing one string, I saw 5 different strings with small hints of colors from the different objects. I follow the first string with a hint of pink and end up behind Jurota. Behind him was the small pink eraser, I tucked it in my pocket before following the other strings.

After exactly 4 minutes and 21 seconds, I followed the last string which was a milky white. Uncle Haru's uniform. I followed the string and spotted Uncle Haru, he was talking to one of his workers inside the training room. I walk towards him as Jurota waves us goodbye.

It was about 9 p.m. and Uncle Haru dismissed us. I returned the objects before taking my bag and leaving. I put a black and white baseball jacket over, leaving the top few buttons unbuttoned. I walked back home with a ghostly smile on my face. I stared at the sky, a dark blue. Stars were appearing one by one to stain the sky, the street lights were on. A few people were walking down the sidewalks, and owners started locking up their shops.

I swayed by the f/v/c duffel bag as I added a few skips. The bruise on my arm is now slightly fading away. Whips of air hit my face as I welcomed it like an old friend. The night was calm, calm for everyone. Calm for me, but not for long.

"Behind." I looked around, but no one was there. The voice echoes through my head. It was a robotic yet eerie voice. I started looking at every single individual on the sidewalks.

"Black hoodie." I accidentally bump into a pole, I rub my sore forehead as I look at the people in black hoodies. No one. I hear deep chuckles and look around.

"Baby blue hair." I turn a full 360 but see no one, I start speed walking to my house.

"Alleyway." The moment the voice said alleyway, I ran. I ran all the way to my house and locked the doors, I shut all the blinds and ran to my room. Mom and 'Dad' weren't home yet.

What the hell? Am I hearing things? W-who are you? Where are you? Why can't I see you? Why are you freaking me out? Am I going insane?

I sat on my f/v/c carpet and stared at the ceiling, the only source of light in the room came from my reading lamp on my desk. I unpacked my lunch box and water bottle, leaving it on my desk.

I change into my pajamas. A f/v/c hoodie and some shorts. I leave my phone on my nightstand before walking down the stairs with my bottle and lunch box. I frantically looked around the room, I turned on the small standing lamp on the counter and walked around the kitchen. I pack the remaining ebi furai along with some seaweed, and I fill up my water bottle.

"Hurry." I hear the voice again and almost drop my bottle, I look around the room, but no one.

Rattle

I hear laughing outside the front door. SHIT! They must be here already! I close the fridge and switch off the standing lamp.

"Honey! We're home-"

"No, we're not!"

"But we are though, right?" More giggling noises come from behind the door. I run up the stairs and lock myself in my room, packing away my food and bottle. I tuck myself in for bed and close my eyes.

"Hello? Anybody there? Who are you?" I whisper. No reply. I sigh. My eyes droop, I shut them tight and fall into dreamland.

"Hello, Y/N." Silence.

"I am your sixth sense." Silence, the h/c was tossing and turning in her bed, ignorant to the voice.