✨ 6 ✨

MAYA

Several hours later, Violet drove us to the party and from the scene in the parking lot, it was basically the same as all the high school parties I saw in movies. Loud music, underage drinking and smoking plus a lot of nudity. The party was being hosted at one of the football players house whose parents apparently didn't care if teenagers puked their guts all over the lawn, broke a few windows or they destroyed the furniture.

"Stay close to me and don't wander off. But just incase we do get separated meet me here at exactly ten thirty, apparently dad and Mama G were cool with us leaving but we still have an eleven pm curfew."Violet told me as we got off the car.

She didn't need to tell me twice, I didn't know anyone at the party so I was staying by her side all night.

I tried pulling the grey dress I was wearing down but it didn't do much so I left it. I had paired it with a long heavy plaid shirt since the evening was a little chilly and I kind of felt naked wearing just the dress. To complete the look I'd worn a pair of brown air Jordan's and a white baseball cap since I hadn't retouched my dreads yet. I would get to them before school.

Violet was wearing a similar dress to mine except hers was white and she'd paired it was with a black denim jacket and a pair of lace up stiletto heels.

We walked inside the huge mansion and I was immediately hit by the smell of sweat, alcohol and smoke. Definitely not a good combination. Violet took my hand and we made our way through the drunk bodies dancing to the excessively loud music.

"Do you want a drink? I'm the designated driver so you can drink if you want."Violet asked me and I immediately shook my head no.

There's no way I was breaking my promise to Aunt Gloria and uncle Ted about no drinking.

"Too bad you can't drive, I would have gotten wasted but no matter, let's go. I want to introduce you to everyone."Violet declared pulling me with her.

She definitely knew the house well because she had no issue finding her at around. Finally we entered what seemed to be an indoor pool room and thankfully it was quieter in there. There were at least a dozen people in the pool swimming and an equal amount just lounging around drinking and talking. There was a couple making out on a sun lounger in the furthest corner which was to be expected for a high school party.

The atmosphere changed the moment I became aware of my surroundings. I could feel him, he was definitely in there somewhere if not within close proximity. He was even closer than he had been earlier when we were shopping. I tried to look around for him but I couldn't spot his ginger red hair anywhere. I didn't even get time to properly look as Violet was already calling people over to meet me.

The first one to approach us was Wade. I already knew him from photos and I'd talked to him once on facetime while Violet and I were video calling. And boy was he tall. I knew I was short but he was around 6'2, towering over me. He had short dark hair, grey eyes, a sharp jaw and he was very heavily built.

"Oh my God, she's even tinier in person. Nice to finally meet you in person Maya. Vee never shuts up about you so I feel like I know you already."Wade introduced himself and I immediately liked him.

He seemed like a genuinely nice person, I didn't get any weird vibes from him.

"Likewise Wade, pleasure is all mine."I replied politely holding my hand out for a shake.

He disregarded it, pushing my hand away and pulling me in for a hug. When he straightened up with me in his arms, my feet lifted off the ground and I squealed. Thankfully he put me down fast.