✨ 42 ✨

MAYA

Elijah set the food down on the table and settled himself opposite me.

"What did you order?"I asked looking at the assortment of different foods on my plate.

"Food."He replied smirking at me.

I rolled my eyes at him and picked up my cutlery. There were so many different things on my plate it was difficult giving it one name. There was mutton, mushrooms, carrots, corn, vegetables and more I couldn't name.

"Just try it, if you don't like it, we'll order something else

"Just try it, if you don't like it, we'll order something else."Elijah suggested.

Deciding to trust him I skeptically took a bite of the mutton and it was actually good.

"I like it."I informed him taking some more.

"I knew you would."Elijah replied starting on his own food.

It was quiet for a while as we both ate but I could tell Elijah had something on his mind. He kept sighing and glancing at me. I didn't want to spook him so I just ignored him and hoped he would talk to me. I wanted us to talk but he had to be the one to make the first move.

Eventually he gave into his urge and put down his fork.

"Bug."He called out taking me by surprise.

"Mhh."I choked out my eyes wide.

"Can we talk?"He asked but I was too busy gaping at him to reply.

"Why are you staring at me like that?"He asked when he noticed that I was staring at him without saying anything.

"You just called me bug."I replied softly.

"Sorry?"He apologized looking confused.

He hadn't done anything wrong. I just hadn't expected him to use that pet name especially when we weren't on the best of terms.

"Don't apologize. It's okay. What do you want to talk about?"I inquired composing myself.

"Us."Elijah replied surprising me further.

"I thought you weren't ready to talk about us."I reminded him remembering all the times I'd begged him to talk to me only to be met with a resounding no.

"You're here, I'm here. We might as well talk about what we can. Unless you're not ready."He explained.

"No I am. What do you want to know?"I asked him.

I wasn't going to let the chance of fixing things with him pass me by.

"Everything but let's start with why you hid this from me. I know I have something to do with it, I kept stopping you even if I knew you were keeping something from me but this was huge Maya. You should have told me from the beginning."Elijah pointed out.