✨ 31 ✨

MAYA

I skipped into the kitchen whistling to myself, the smile on my face permanently etched there. I didn't expect anyone to be awake considering it was a Saturday but my aunt was already up and about.

"Good morning auntie."I greeted in a sing song voice reaching opening the fridge to get a bottle of water.

"For someone who got home only a few hours ago, you are in a chipper mood."She commented looking up from the pancake batter she was mixing.

"I never did thank you for extending our curfew last night. I really did appreciate it aunt."I thanked her taking a seat in one of the stools.

"You're welcome. Elijah had already asked me and told me his plans so I couldn't say no."She replied.

"I had fun, it was the best birthday surprise ever."I gushed remembering every detail of the previous night.

When Elijah had asked me to drop by after dinner with my family I'd expected a quiet evening with him, not a whole surprise party. It was the sweetest thing anyone had ever done for me. Then he had added the cherry on top by declaring his feelings for me and asking me to be his girlfriend. I had almost said no because of everything I was yet to tell him but after seeing all the love he had for me, my mind was immediately changed. So I was now officially Elijah Olsen's girlfriend and that single thought made me feel all giddy and warm inside.

"Why are you smiling like that and why are you already dressed this early in the morning?"My aunt asked noticing my outfit.

"I'm happy because Eli and I are a couple now and I'm dressed up because we're spending the day together in part two of the birthday celebrations."I answered.

My aunt immediately stopped whipping and looked at me.

"So you told him everything?"She inquired.

"Not exactly no."I replied taking a sip of my water.

"Ada you've started a relationship with this boy and there's already secrets between you two."My aunt reasoned.

"He knows there's stuff I haven't told him and I really tried to reject him last night but he wouldn't have it. I will tell him aunt, when the time is right."I assured her.

"The time will never be right Ada. This isn't a simple secret, his life and yours is involved. It's not something you can keep from him, he deserves to know."Aunt Gloria insisted.

"I know that and I will tell him, just not today."I sighed.

"The sooner the better Ada for both your sake."Aunt Gloria expressed giving me a disappointed look.

I already knew that I had to tell Elijah everything and I would, just not today. I had no idea how Elijah would react to the truth and I didn't want to ruin the prefect day we had planned. He would know everything, when I knew that he was ready to hear the truth and the time was right.

The familiar rumble of Elijah's car engine alerted me of his arrival and I jumped from my seat.

"See you later aunt."I declared kissing her cheek.

"You won't wait for breakfast?"She asked me.

"No, Elijah and I already have plans. Have a good day auntie."I replied.

"You too and don't forget what I said. The sooner the better."She reminded me.

"I won't forget."I assured her skipping to the door.

I opened it to reveal Elijah who had his hand raised ready to knock. He smiled when he saw me his eyes raking over my body with approval.

"Good morning girlfriend."He greeted bending over to kiss my lips.