✨ 24 ✨

MAYA

"Come on May, you've been holding out on me all weekend. Tell me what happened between you and Elijah?"Violet asked for the umpteenth time that morning.

We had left home earlier than we usually did making us the first ones to arrive at school for once.

"Nothing happened."I replied rummaging through my book bag to find some lip gloss.

"Something did happen, you two danced together on Saturday looking all cozy and cute. He also drove you home."She pointed out.

I hadn't told anyone about my night with Elijah because I couldn't believe it either. We had actually shared a normal conversation for once and he had promised me to try his best so we could fix things. Then he hugged me, oh the hug. I had never felt such a rush in someone else's arms as I had felt when Elijah held me. I would probably be hugging him as much as I could now that I knew how good it felt to be in his arms.

We hadn't talked much the whole time we had been out in the field but I was glad we had cleared up a few things. Elijah finally knew that he was the boyfriend I was always talking about and the look on his face when he found out had been hilarious.

Our dance hadn't been the most graceful because of our height difference and my inability to dance but we made it work and it had been magical nonetheless. I wouldn't change anything that happened Saturday night because it had all led to Elijah taking me home at the end of the night. He had promised that he would try and I would do my best to make his effort worth it.

"You're thinking about him aren't you? Come on just tell me."Violet begged.

Had I been that obvious that she could tell Elijah was the only one in my mind?

"We talked, danced and he promised to try and fix things, for real this time."I replied.

I finally found the lip gloss, applied some then put the tube back in my bag and zipped it up.

"You already told me that. I want the juicy details."Violet insisted.

"There are no juicy details."I laughed.

"Seriously? You guys didn't kiss?"She asked and I nearly choked on air.

"No we didn't kiss, just hugged and talked."I replied remembering Elijah's lips on my forehead.

They were so soft and would probably feel even softer on my lips, my neck, elsewhere.....

Violet had unleashed a monster and I had no idea how to vanquish it.

"Not so bad but still boring. At least its progress in the right direction."Violet commented disappointed that I didn't have any naughty details for her.

Elijah and I were barely even friends so thoughts of him and I dating were very foreign in my mind. Entertaining those thoughts would only complicate things so for the moment I pushed them to the back of my mind.

We weren't alone for very long because Wade, Finn, Olive and Suzanne arrived at the same time.

"Maya I am not pleased with you this morning."Finn scolded me foregoing greetings.

"What did I do?"I asked with a frown.

"You promised me a dance on Saturday but you disappeared, without even saying goodbye."He explained.

"That's because she was too busy humping a seven foot pole."Violet commented.

"Huh?"Finn asked confused.

I stomped on Violet's foot making her howl in pain. Yeah that's what she got for butting her nose in my business.

"What was that for?"Violet hissed pain etched on her face.