✨ 18 ✨

MAYA

Two weeks without talking to him, giving him flowers or trying to get close to him. He had asked for space and I had given it to him. It had been extremely hard but I had been determined to honor his request for once. I couldn't any more though. I'd decided that it was either go big or go home.

The football and cheerleading team were headed out of town for an away game and would be gone for the whole weekend. When they came back the following week, everything would be too chaotic with homecoming dance plans for me to get a chance alone with Elijah so I'd decided to ask him to homecoming before they left. It was a lot of pressure and I was scared out of my mind but I'd had two weeks to prepare and I was finally ready.

I had everything ready from the biggest bouquet of flowers I'd ever given him, my way of asking him to the dance and a very cute outfit. I was wearing a white long sleeved wrap crop top, a brown long high waisted skirt, a pair of basic block heels and my dreads were tied at the top of my head in a messy bun.

Violet had to get to school super early to plan for their trip so I had to get a ride from uncle Ted. He was dropping me off on his way to work.

"Still trying to woo the red head."Uncle Ted teased from the driver's seat.

"Yeah but he's still playing hard."I replied with a sad smile.

It had been hard watching Elijah from afar for two weeks. He walked around pretending I didn't exist which must have been taking a lot of effort because I knew for a fact that he could always feel me, especially when we were close.

I'd also noticed some tension around him and Finn, especially since they wouldn't talk or even look at each other. I knew that they had argued because of me. Wade had told Violet everything who in turn had relayed the information to me. I didn't want the boys fighting over me, it was just stupid. I didn't like Finn and probably never would because my main focus was trying to get back into Elijah's good graces. I hadn't allowed myself to think past when Elijah and I became friends again. It seemed like such a far fetched idea that I didn't want to hope about what would come after.

"Don't give up hope yet sweetheart boys are like that especially when they are scared of something good happening to them if they open their hearts up."Uncle Ted consoled.

"You really think so?"I mumbled in a quiet voice.

"I know so because I was once a boy. Just give him time and I'm sure he'll come around."Uncle Ted encouraged.

I nodded at him gratefully, his wise words encouraging me.

Violet texted me asking me where I was because they were about to leave and I was cutting it close. I texted her back that we were two minutes away and started running my speech over in my head.

Uncle Ted dropped me off at the entrance since there was no need for him to go through the trouble of finding a parking spot.

"Good luck sweetheart."He waved once I'd got out with all my stuff.

"Thanks uncle Ted, see you later."I replied waving goodbye to him before closing the car door and watching him leave.

Violet was already there waiting for me dressed in a black and white Adidas track suit.

"You just went ahead and bought the whole florist shop didn't you."She teased when she saw the big bouquet of red roses I had.

It was even bigger than me but I was strong enough to carry it around.

"Go big or go home."I replied nervously.

"If he doesn't say yes, then I'll kick his ass."Violet threatened.