✨ 19 ✨

ELIJAH

"No let me go. I need to get to him. I swear to God Wade, if you don't let me go this instant you're single."I heard Violet shout just outside the bus.

I heard more shuffling and shouting before Violet stormed into the bus having won the fight. Her eyes ran over everyone in the bus before she found what she was looking for and apparently it was me because her search ended when she saw me seated at the back of the bus. Her face changed from pure anger to a lethal smile and psycho eyes making me realize that I was done for. She stormed towards me and I immediately regretted sitting at the very back in the seat directly on the aisle.

"You are a bastard Olsen. You took it too far this time and I'm going to make you pay."She seethed.

I didn't even have time to brace myself as she immediately started beating me the crap out of me or so she thought.

Her hits weren't really that painful, I'd gotten worse but she did pack a heavy punch for a cheerleader. I didn't even try to protect myself, just let her rain hell on me. She didn't have to tell me I was a douchebag, I already knew that. Maybe Tamara was onto something when she had said that I liked the pain.

"Okay that's enough, I think he's gotten the message."Wade declared pulling Violet away from me screaming and shouting.

"No he hasn't, he hurt her and he deserves to pay."She yelled looking like she was on the verge of tears herself.

"It's okay babe, it's okay."Wade consoled pulling Violet into his arms.

He glared at me, shook his head disappointingly then carried Violet off to some seats in the middle of the bus and away from me.

I had fucked up this time, that's for sure but I hadn't been thinking. Okay maybe I had been thinking but they hadn't been good thoughts.

When I'd asked Maya to stay away from me after finding out that she had a boyfriend I hadn't actually expected her to listen but she had. She had stayed away for two whole weeks with zero contact. She made sure that we had minimal interaction which had been hard since we had the same group of friends but she had made it work. I hadn't expected it to hurt but it had and I'd found myself missing her cute shy waves, the flowers in my locker that always made me smile and the smell of her hair when she sat next to me in class.

Maya had been my whole life once and when she had come back and given me a taste of how it used to be, I had unknowingly started to get addicted again. She had weaved herself back into my heart and soul without even me knowing.

I thought I'd lost it all but then she had surprised me by asking me to homecoming in front of everyone.

I hadn't expected it at all and at first I had been happy and was going to say yes, that's why I'd taken the big bouquet of red roses and the well thought football pun but then everything changed in a split second.

I was standing there holding the roses and the football with Maya looking up at me with her big hopeful doe eyes when a series of images had flashed through my mind. The first one was of me sitting outside the middle school hall in the cold all alone while everyone danced their hearts out inside because no one had wanted to dance with stuttering awkward big poor Elijah. Maya and I had made plans to go to our first middle school dance together but she had left me all alone and my mom had still made me go. It was the one of many lonely moment's I'd had to endure alone because Maya wasn't there for me.

The second image was of Finn reminding me that Maya had a boyfriend meaning she had chosen to ask me to the dance instead of him and that felt like betrayal to the both of us. My logic was that she shouldn't have had a boyfriend in the first place but because she already did so she should have stayed faithful to him.