✨ 39 ✨

ELIJAH

I slammed the door in her face and the whole house shook in retaliation.

"We do not slam doors in this house young man! What has gotten into you? Why did you manhandle Maya like that?"My mom asked but I was shaking so bad I couldn't form a coherent thought.

"We just broke up and she wouldn't leave."I replied when I could talk rendering them speechless.

I was shocked too. A few hours ago, I had been talking about marrying Maya but now there was no more us.

"No one let her back in. Happy Thanksgiving everybody. Goodnight."I mumbled leaving them in the living room as I walked up the stairs back to my bedroom.

"Eli you do not drop a bomb like that and just leave. Come back here."Amanda demanded but I ignored her.

I rushed upstairs and got into my room locking the door behind me to keep them out. My family was the nosy kind and I knew they would be seeking me out soon looking for answers but I didn't want to talk about it.

I sat on the floor at the foot of my bed and once I realized that I was alone I broke down. I had been acting brave and strong in front of Maya but she was gone now. She was actually gone. I had broken up with the love of my life. But was she?

Maya had revealed a very big secret to me that had made me doubt the whole foundation of our relationship. I didn't what to believe it at first but the more she explained the more it made sense. Our connection was the reason I could always feel her whenever she was close to me and it's why if I got hurt so did she. I was her fucking life support machine. Did she even love me?

If our souls and bodies were connected then probably were our hearts and that's why I doubted everything we had. I had known Maya was keeping from me but of all things I would not have guessed anything close to what she had revealed. She had made me doubt everything, from the love we claimed to share for each other to all the promises we had made to each other.

I did not fault Maya for using me to keep her alive, I would have done it in a heartbeat had she asked me. What I didn't appreciate was that she had kept it from me and we had built our relationship on lies. I thought Maya was my soulmate, turns out that she actually is in all sense of the word except the one I thought. Our souls were one but not because we loved each other, but because she needed me to keep her alive.

Real men cried too apparently because I couldn't get the tears to stop. I was mourning my relationship with Maya because as much as I hated to admit it, there was no future for us after what she had just revealed to me. I would always doubt my love for her.

Needing a let out for all my frustration I got up and took off my hoodie. I walked towards the corner of my room and retrieved my punching bag. I had taken it down after Maya and I started dating because I didn't need it anymore. Looks like it was time to get it back up because there was no more Maya.

I hang it up back to its original position and looked at it for a solid five minutes before letting my fist fly. Maya had been my relief from anger. I wasn't angry anymore because I had her in my life then she had to go ahead and dismantle all that leaving me broken once more.

I couldn't hit Maya, I was raised to be a gentleman who didn't lay his hands on women but I also needed to let my anger out on something thus the punching bag.

I have no idea how long I stood there bare knuckling the bag until my hands were bleeding but I didn't stop. As long as I was angry I would keep punching. A knock on my door interrupted me and I stopped for a second to hear what they had to say.