✨ 8 ✨

ELIJAH

I parked my car in my usual spot outside the school building and got out with my bag strewn over my shoulder. I was about to head directly inside when I heard my name being called out. I turned towards the voice and saw Finn waving me over to where he was standing with a few other team members. I headed over and said hello to all of them.

"Dude you just missed her, again."Finn groaned.

"Missed who?"I asked confused.

"The most beautiful girl on the planet."He gushed like a teenage girl.

Ever since the party Finn had been talking nonstop about some mystery girl he met. Apparently I was the only one on the team who hadn't met her yet. They all agreed she was pretty but Finn was a incurable romantic so he thought every girl he met was gorgeous. The dude needed a girlfriend bad so we could get some peace of mind.

"Dude you say that about all girls."I chuckled.

"I'm serious this time dude, she is gorgeous with beautiful dark chocolate sun kissed skin that I can just admire all day. She also has a really adorable accent that she can so easily swap to American."Finn explained further.

The dude really was smitten, I couldn't help but feel sorry for him.

"Did you ask her out?"I asked.

"Yeah but she said no. Apparently she has a boyfriend. All the good ones are taken apparently."Finn sulked.

"Sorry dude."I sympathized.

"Why is he mopping?"Wade asked joining us.

He had been busy with his girlfriend Violet. She was a cheerleader, a little spoilt but a genuinely nice girl and a good girlfriend to our captain. The whole team liked her.

"Hung up on some girl."I mumbled.

"Really dude? Just let her go already, she already said no."Wade advised.

"I'm trying."Finn mumbled.

Thankfully the girl talk ended when Wade demanded we head inside the building since we had a meeting with coach before class. We had our first tryouts of the semester later in the afternoon and he wanted to discuss a couple of drills with us. Our school didn't waste any time, we would probably have a game lined up in a week or two so we needed to start training fast.

As soon as we were walked through the front doors, I felt a change in the air. The same feeling I'd been having for over a week encompassed me and I stumbled forward. My heart was racing and I could hear my own heartbeat. I felt as if I was being pulled by some magnetic field towards something but I had no idea what it was. What the fuck was going on with me?

"Dude are you okay?"Wade asked touching my arm.

"Yeah I'm okay."I whispered snapping out of it.

Wade nodded at me and turned his attention to Finn.

It took me a few moments to recover but the feeling never left. That pull and heavy feeling in my heart was still there. It was probably anxiety as my sister had diagnosed but even that was as a little far fetched. I hadn't had an anxiety attack in years and they definitely didn't happen that way.

We got to the coaches office and I had to use all my strength and willpower to concentrate. The meeting took longer than planned so the coach gave us a note for our teacher to explain our lateness.

"Elijah please stay back a moment."Coach Edward requested.

I nodded and stayed behind when everyone else left.