✨ 44 ✨

MAYA

"Merry Christmas May."Violet yelled happily as she jumped up and down on my bed.

I pulled my blankets over me not really in the mood to wake up so early in the morning. The reason they called it Christmas break is because it was supposed to be a break from everything, school, work, the need to get up early and life itself. All I wanted was to sleep in but apparently I couldn't do that because Violet was the Grinch come alive.

"Vee leave me alone."I demanded when she wouldn't stop singing and jumping on my bed.

"Not until you get up."She demanded yelling loudly.

"What I need is a new cousin?"I grunted pulling the blankets away to glare at her.

"Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way. Oh what fun it is to ride....." Violet sung in her annoying voice.

Frustrated and wanting her to shut up, I pulled the blankets from under her feet making her fall back, tumble off the bed and roll into the ground with a loud thud.

"Owh! No presents for you this year. You've been a naughty girl."Violet groaned from the floor.

"That's fine, Santa is a Western myth and since I'm African, that tradition doesn't really matter to me."I retorted.

"Of course it does and you are American, it says so on your birth certificate."Violet replied getting off the floor.

She was still in one piece so it was safe to assume that she wasn't that badly hurt.

"Now if you will excuse me, I'm going back to bed and if you dare disrupt me again, I will tell auntie Gloria that it was you who broke the Christmas tree star and not the boys."I threatened.

"You wouldn't dare."Violet gasped looking offended.

"Oh I would, now get out of my room."I demanded.

"Fine madam grouchy pants."She scoffed walking out of my room.

I sighed in relief when she closed the door leaving me to my own peace. It was still early so I decided to get some more time of sleep since its not like I had anywhere else to go.

A few minutes later just as I was beginning to fall black asleep my door slammed opened and two identical pairs of footsteps ran into my room. What is it with everyone and thinking my room was the north pole or something?

"Maya wake up, mommy says we can't open the presents without you."Dylan demanded.

"Boys let me sleep, the presents will still be there later."I grumbled not really in the mood to get out of bed.

"No Maya now, we need to open them now." Cole demanded insistently.

I sat up on the bed glaring daggers at them for ruining my morning just like their sister. I noticed another body at the door and they belonged to Violet who was smirking victoriously at me.

"Check mate."She laughed hilariously thinking she had won.

"Boys I'll be down soon, go with your sister, I'll be right there."I requested the twins but they weren't having any of it demanded they wanted me to join them.

"Help me out."I requested Violet.

"No can do missy."She grinned.

"Okay then...Auntie G about that star.." I yelled out loudly.

"Fine, stop it! Let's go boys, Maya will join us soon."Violet demanded and since the boys were a little scared of her, they jumped off the bed immediately and ran to her.