✨ 23 ✨

ELIJAH

I was pissed, like seeing red kind of raging angry. I didn't even know where I was going, just barging through the halls looking for some place to cool down.

That boy was lucky I hadn't snapped his neck off his body for touching Maya. Then Maya had to defy me and actually defend him. I saw what I saw and I wasn't blind. The least she could have done was admit that she was at fault.

I would admit that I'd been gone longer than I had promised Maya but that was no reason for her to jump into the arms of another man. I'd only been gone so long because of the issue Wade and I had to solve. Some girls had been fighting over a boy in the bathrooms. It had taken ten minutes to make them stop screaming and kicking each other. Then we had realized that one of them was bleeding so we had to find the nurse to tend to her. The nurse was drunk so we had to find someone else with medical experience. It was just one long experience that I wanted to forget.

Then when all was resolved I planned on going back to Maya, asking her to dance then we would have found some place private to talk. That obviously hadn't happened because she had been busy in another boys arms. Maybe I hadn't been right to try and kiss that random girl to make her jealous but I'd just been so angry. I was grateful to Maya for stopping me and I would find that girl and apologize to her when I was calm. As for Maya well, just thinking about her made me angry so I just wasn't going to think about her. It was going to be hard but I would try.

I found myself outside in field and all evidence of the previous day's activities had already been cleaned up. It was cold and quiet, just the perfect place to be alone for a while. I would have preferred to go to the gym but it was locked for the night. I also couldn't leave because I'd promised Wade I'd stay till then end of the night. Stupid damsel in distress mission.

I really tried not to think about Maya but all thoughts kept going back to her. I could think more clearly now that I was calmer so I had to ask myself if she really had done what I'd accused her of. Was she right that I had been seeing own things? Should I have taken my time to figure out what was going on without jumping into conclusions. Probably yes but my anger issues and my unresolved history with Maya didn't allow me that luxury.

I had no idea how long I was out there for but I wasn't alone for very long because someone joined me. I knew it was her without even seeing her because of how faster my heart beat the closer she got to me. Why was I affected by her presence so much? I didn't even have to see her to know she was around. I could always feel her for some reason.

"What are you doing here?"I asked without even turning around to look at her.

"To talk."She replied softly with a defeated sigh.

"I asked you to leave me alone. I don't want to talk."I retorted.

"Then you'll just have to listen because I'm not leaving until you do. Don't talk, just listen and I promise you it will be the last you will ever have to hear from me."She replied finally stepping around to face me.

I was seated at the stands and didn't bother to get up. I just at there and watched her compose herself and whatever she needed to say to me. One statement stuck out though, what did she mean by the last I'd hear from her. Was she leaving again or something? I better not jump into conclusions again without hearing her side of the story.

She rubbed her arms as if she was cold which she probably was as it was chilly outside. I wanted to offer her my jacket but that would be weird seeing as we were in the middle of a fight.

She rubbed her arms once before facing me fully and the look in her eyes had my chest tightening. She looked sad, lost, defeated and there were tears threatening to fall. Fuck what had I done? Not the tears, please not the tears.