✨ 28 ✨

MAYA

I was lacing up my boots getting ready for school when I heard a commotion in the hallway. I ignored it thinking it was probably Violet scolding the twins again for messing with her stuff. It got louder and I could clearly hear Violet shouting at someone.

"I said no, you couldn't wait until we got to school."Violet yelled.

I got up from my bed and grabbed my jacket to put it on while still listening to the argument happening just a few feet from my door.

"No, so get out of my way."The unmistakable voice of Elijah barked back.

Elijah?

Wait, Elijah? What was he doing at our house so early in the morning? I quicky walked across the room to go investigate but before I could get to the door, it barged open and Elijah stormed in. All seven foot of him with a fuming Violet behind him.

Elijah was in my room! I was definitely having an internal freak out moment seeing him standing xo confidently in my bedroom.

He had a big teddy bear in one hand, a couple of pink balloons, a huge bucket of pink roses in the other and a box of expensive chocolates under his arm. It's like valentines had threw up on him in pink instead of read.

"Eli? Hi what are you doing here so early?"I inquired looking at him confused.

"I had to see you. Can we talk? Alone please."He requested looking at Violet like she was an intruder.

"Yeah sure. Violet, will you give us some privacy please."I asked my cousin.

"You know when I shipped you two together I didn't expect him to be everywhere all the time."Violet huffed but left the room nonetheless, slamming the door behind her.

She was on her period and as much as it didn't excuse her behavior, it explained it so I let her rudeness pass.

"Hi."Elijah sighed smiling at me.

"Hi."I replied waving awkwardly as I looked at all the stuff in his arms."Who's your friend there?"I asked motioning to the teddy bear.

"Oh him, he doesn't have a name yet but I'll leave that to you. These are for you by the way."Elijah replied holding out all the stuff in his hands for me.

"All these? What for? Am I dying?"I asked with a laugh as I took the teddy bear from him and placed it on my bed.

"God forbid no. I just couldn't decide on one thing so I brought it all."He replied handing me the other stuff.

"What's the occasion?"I inquired tying the balloons on the leg of my bed.

"All of them."Elijah replied cryptically.

He was acting very strange and it was confusing me. I set the roses and chocolates down on the bed before facing Elijah.

"Thank you for all of these but I still don't understand what I did to deserve them."I expressed.

They were a very sweet gesture but totally unexpected and random.

"For coming back, for being you, for living."Elijah sighed looking at me in awe.

"You're welcome?"I replied phrasing it as more of a question because I was still confused.

"I read your letters."Elijah expressed and it all started to make sense.

"All of them?"I asked shocked.

Eight years worth letters were quite a lot. I had given hundreds of letters. There's no way he had read all of them.