✨ 12 ✨

ELIJAH

"Where do you think you're going young man?"My grandma called out startling me.

I jumped, my hand over my chest as I tried to calm my breathing.

"Oma you scared me."I breathed finally regaining control of my own lungs.

"You should be scared. I am not happy with you Eli, sneaking out of the house, skipping meals, avoiding your family. What's going on with you? Are you on drugs?"Grandma asked making me snort in laughter.

I dropped my gym bag on the living room floor before joining her in the kitchen where she had been sitting in the dark like a serial killer.

"Good morning grandma."I greeted politely kissing her forehead.

"Bubsy are you okay, talk to your Oma."She pleaded taking my hand in hers.

I really wanted to open up and pour out my heart to her but my thoughts were too dark to lay on her. My grandma's health was fragile and I didn't want to cause any strain on her heart by telling her my problems.

I also knew that my siblings hadn't told her even if they themselves knew. They hadn't stopped blowing up my phone but I was ignoring all of them, especially Tamara, I didn't need her therapizing me.

"Just teenage boy problems Oma but I'll be okay and I can assure you I'm not doing drugs."I promised her.

"Are you sure?"She asked still doubting me.

She had every reason to doubt me because I wasn't telling her anything but I was not going to be the one responsible for her heart attack.

"Yes Oma, I am so stop worrying."I assured her.

"I always worry about you, you're my only grandson."She said smiling her eyes wrinkling even more.

"And I worry about you Oma and for that I need you to go back to sleep so I can get to practice."I requested her.

"Practice this early? Your coach overworks you boys."She scolded.

"Indeed Oma but he's just doing his job."I reminded her.

"Then if you must go, sit down, I'll make you a quick breakfast."She demanded.

"Grandma we get breakfast at school and besides I can't eat before practice."I reasoned.

"Nonsense, hush, sit down boy. I'll make it to go so you can have it after practice."She demanded getting off her stool.

I didn't want to get on her wrong side any more so I sat down patiently while she packed me breakfast.

As I waited I looked around the kitchen and a stuff sack perched on a stool in the corner of the kitchen got my attention. It was so out of place I decided to peak inside to see what was in there.

"Oma what are these?"I asked her rummaging through all the sports clothes in the sack.

"Clothes sent by sporting brands to Jessica that she didn't like or are too small. She wants to give them away."She explained.

I hummed in response and was about to put them away when a pair of shorts caught my attention. They were tight and snug on the waist but loose everywhere else. They were perfect for someone somewhere who's ass attracted unwanted attention and crude comments. I searched for a few more of the same size and managed to get five. I shoved them all in my gym bag then put the sack back.

"And done, have a good day at school bubsy."Grandma said handing me my packed breakfast.

I kissed her cheek, took the bag from her and left the house with my gym bag in my other hand. I got into my car and drove to school.