✨ 33 ✨

MAYA

"I still have no idea how you convinced aunt Gloria to let you host this party but why am I stuck with the decorating responsibilities?"I grunted struggling with the fake skeletons we were hanging around the house.

"Because I'm your favorite cousin and you love me. I can also be very persuasive when I want to."Violet smiled proudly.

"Lucky you, halloween fell in place with the weekend auntie and uncle are away for their wedding anniversary."I commented.

"Call it luck or whatever you want but I'm not the one who asked them to get married on Halloween."Violet reasoned.

"Yes you did. You were going through your goth phase and asked them to have a halloween wedding."I reminded her.

"Oh yeah, so glad I got over that phase fast but the pictures were epic and we are guaranteed parties at this time of the year for the rest of our lives."Violet declared cutting into a pumpkin.

"At least its on a Saturday so we don't have school."I grunted reaching for more fake spider webs.

"Everyone will be arriving soon to help, don't worry."Violet consoled.

That gave me some relief because I had no idea how I could do everything Violet had in mind all on my own as she was barely helping. She was throwing the party yet I was doing all the work. How was that fair? She was lucky about one thing though, she could be very persuasive and I loved her so she had won me over that way.

I didn't care for american holidays like halloween but to Violet they were a big deal so I supported her the best way I could. After I was done with the skeletons and the cobwebs, I checked up on the boys who were busy playing some game in their room. They were supposed to go tricker treating later so either Violet and I would take them. Somehow I knew I was the one who would be stuck with that responsibility.

"Hey boys, do you need anything?"I asked popping my head in their room to find both of them with their headsets on shooting at their laptops.

"Snacks."

"Drinks."

They replied simultaneously.

"Coming right up your Highnesses."I replied leaving the room.

I headed back downstairs to get them what they had asked for. I rolled my eyes when I found the pumpkin Violet had been working on abandoned on the kitchen counter. The girl was lazy and had the attention span of a sparrow. I saw her and Wade making out in the living room but did nothing to pry them away from each other. It was none of my business what they got up to. If the party was half assed then it wasn't my problem because I wasn't the host.

I got the boys what they wanted and took it up to them before going back to the kitchen to get the snacks ready and lock away anything that my aunt would kill us if it was broken or misplaced.

Everyone started arriving one by one which I was grateful for because I got more help and it forced Violet and Wade to stop snogging and do their part.

I was cutting up some lemon slices for the lemonade when a brutal force hit me hard at the back of my head. I stumbled forward, lost control of my right hand and ended up cutting the palm of my left hand.

"Shit! Are you okay?"Finn asked running to my side.

"Yeah I'm fine."I muttered putting my bleeding hand under running water.

"What happened?"Violet asked walking into the kitchen and noticing all the blood.

"I have no idea, she was making the lemonade when she cut herself."Finn explained.