✨ 25 ✨

ELIJAH

I hadn't gone for a therapy session with Tamara for more than a month and she wouldn't stop blowing up my phone so I'd decided to go see her after school on Friday. We didn't have practice since the coach was sick and had given us the afternoon off. The only reason I was going to see Tamara is because things were going great between Maya and I. I needed to tell Tamara that so she would stop bugging me.

I said hello to her receptionist before letting myself into her office like I always did without knocking.

"That's door has a lock for a reason Eli."Tamara scolded.

I ignored her and propped myself on the sofa lying on it, my feet dangling off the edge since I was too tall to fit perfectly.

"Hello to you too sis. You called so here I am."I replied.

"So now it takes you a whole month to return your sisters calls."She scolded.

"Only Oma and mom are allowed to use that tone on me so stop it."I replied.

"I'm your big sister, I'll talk to you however I damn well please especially when I'm mad at you."Tamara pointed out.

"Fine, so what do you want?"I asked irritated.

I didn't like to talk about my feelings with anyone, well maybe Maya but we hadn't gotten to the point of pouring our hearts out to each other yet. We were still treading in shallow waters getting a feel of each other.

"First of all I want you to drop the tone and the attitude. Second I want you to sit up right and talk to me."Tamara demanded.

"You should get an armchair if you don't want people lying on the sofa."I retorted but sat up nonetheless.

"Much better so talk to me. What's going on in your life?"She asked with a sparkle in her eyes that gave her away.

"Don't be coy with me, I know you know."I demanded.

"Know what?"She asked unable to hide her smile.

"About me and Maya, I know Amanda told you. You guys think I don't know about that secret group chat you have to discuss my business but I do."I pointed out.

She looked shocked when I mentioned that but their secret wasn't so secret. I didn't care though, it was better they discuss my business in private rather than in my presence.

"Who told?"Amanda asked alarmed.

"No one, you guys just aren't that good at keeping secrets."I replied.

There was no one to sell out and even if there was I would never be a rat.

"Fine I know that you've been buying Maya flowers all week but I don't want to make any conclusions that's why you are here to fill me in."Tamara replied.

"Will you believe me when I tell you there's nothing to talk about?"I asked.

"No so tell me everything."She answered pulling out her notepad and a pen.

I hated it when she did that but she wouldn't let me leave until we talked so I decided to open up to her and tell her as much as I could.

"So you are ready finally ready to heal and mend your relationship with Maya?"Tamara asked when I was done telling her about my conversation with Maya during homecoming and our progress during the week.

"Yeah I realized that I really missed her and I don't want to lose her again."I answered.

"That's good progress Eli, I'm happy for you and Maya. She was good for you when you were kids and I'm sure the same applies now."Tabatha encouraged.