✨ 43 ✨

ELIJAH

"Will you quit playing with your breakfast and eat already. You need to leave for school soon."Ivy demanded when she saw that I wasn't eating.

"Ivy you burnt everything, this is not breakfast, it's a catastrophe."I retorted pushing my plate away.

"Hey, don't cuss my cooking skills. If you're such a whiz in the kitchen you should have made breakfast for yourself."Ivy scolded.

"Next time I will. Where is mom anyway?"I asked getting up to get myself some cereal after surviving Ivy's terrible cooking skills.

She knew she couldn't cook so I had no idea why she even tried in the first place.

"She had an early shift this morning so she asked me to make sure you were fed."Ivy replied.

"Well you can tell her that you failed fantastically at that."I smirked at her.

She tossed a burnt sausage at me that I was quick to dodge.

"Keep up the smart mouth and you won't have anyone to go Christmas shopping with later."Ivy threatened.

"I'm already done with my Christmas shopping, you just need me there to carry all your bags around and help you fight for stuff."I reminded her.

"You're my small but big brother, it's your responsibility to be my buffer. Pick me up at the library after you get off school and we'll go together."Ivy requested.

"I'll be there don't worry but you'll owe me."I demanded.

"Yeah yeah, whatever. Now off you go. Time to get an education."She teased pulling away my half eaten bowl of cereal.

I could have easily pulled it back from her but I was running late and didn't have time to mess around with her.

"See you later."I waved picking up my backpack off the floor.

"Bye, don't be late."She yelled after me.

"I won't."I shouted back already halfway out the door.

I got into my car, threw my bag on the passenger seat and drove to school.

One week. We had one week till Christmas break and it couldn't get by fast enough. I had just survived the longest school term ever and I was just about done with it all. So much had happened and all I wanted was a two week drama free break where I could relax at home with my family. I felt like I was trying to swim and stay afloat but something kept trying to pull me under. I deserved a break.

I parked in my usual spot at the school and the minute I alighted my car, I could tell something was off. I threw my bag over my shoulder and locked the car behind me making. I wasn't even two steps away from my car when I was approached.

"Hi Eli, merry Christmas."The excessively cheerful brunette who's name I didn't know greeted me.

"It's not Christmas yet and only my friends can call me Eli."I replied a little too harshly but it was necessary.

"Oh I'm sorry but that's okay. Maybe we can be friends or more."She asked batting her eyelashes at me.

"No thank you, my circle is full."I brushed her off and fast walked towards my friends leaving her behind.

"Hi Eli."

"Merry Christmas handsome."

Those were just a few of the statements thrown my way before I could get to my friends and they were pissing me off.

"Looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed."Finn teased as soon as he saw me.

"I woke up fine, it's all this damn girls. Do I have a sign on me that says merry Christmas, I'm Santa, come to me with all your Christmas wishes?"I asked him.