✨ 29 ✨

MAYA

"Will you stop fussing over your outfit, you look good."Violet scolded as she pulled the mirror I was using away from my hand and tossing it in the glove compartment.

"I know."I grunted leaning back in my seat.

I knew I looked good. I had after all spent an hour deciding what to wear. I was just nervous.

"Why are you so worried anyway? It's not like it's a date. It's a boxing match, with sweaty, noisy and loud people."Violet reminded me with a scowl on her face.

"You've been saying that ever since I asked you to come. You could have just said no if you were going to be so miserable."I retorted.

"You're right, I'll just take a u-turn right here and drive us back home."Violet teased.

"Very funny, now eyes on the road please."I requested.

I had no idea why I was making a big deal out of what I was wearing. I never actually cared about how I looked before but for some reason I wanted to look good. Maybe it was because I was going to see a certain red head. But I had never cared before so why was I starting now.

My outfit was good, I wearing an orange cropped sweater, blue ripped jeans and of course my black Doctor
Marten boots. I'd curled my locks and pinned them behind my ear so that they only fell over my face on one side. I looked cute like Violet kept telling me so I decided to accept that and stop worrying.

"Hey Wendy, you good back there? You've been quiet the whole drive?"I asked turning to look at her.

"Yeah just worried about our college applications."She replied looking up at me from her phone.

"You're the smartest person I know and you partake in loads of co-curricular activities. If they don't accept you they will be the fools."I encouraged.

"Thanks May."She replied smiling at me.

"So you are not worried at all?"Violet asked me.

"Coach said if I do well enough in track this coming season, I'll get a scholarship so I just have to make sure I'm the fastest person on that track."I replied with a nervous laugh.

I was worried about college. I didn't have any money to pay for it and even if my aunt and uncle had taken me in, I still didn't feel okay with being a burden to them. I would do my best to win they scholarship by training really hard, being the fastest runner in Ridgehill and keep up with my grades.

"If anyone believes in you it's me so you'll be okay. I on the other hand really need to step up with my grades. I can't rely on cheerleading to get me all the way."Violet added.

Looks like all of us were worried about getting into college. It wouldn't be easy but we would try our best. We were growing up after all and it was time to take control of our destinies.

We arrived at the arena after a two hour drive and apparently we were the last ones to arrive. The parking lot was jam packed so we had to park the car a couple of blocks away and walk to the arena.

"I don't know why but all of a sudden I have this adrenaline rush and I can't wait for the match."Violet cheered excitedly ask we walked.

Wendy and I both looked at her and laughed. We were excited too, after all we were just about to witness a fight, there was definitely loads of adrenaline floating around.

Elijah had texted me and told me that we should wait for him outside instead of using the main entrance which was crowded at the moment as everyone tried to get in time before the match started.