✨ 48 ✨

MAYA

"Maya dodge!"Someone yelled at me just in time for me to duck before a volleyball hit me in the head.

It flew past me and into the bushes getting stuck in the thick branches.

I turned around to find a guilty looking Wade staring at me eyes wide and hands held up in surrender.

"Sorry my bad, terrible serve."He apologized scratching the back of his head in shame.

The other guys he had been playing with looked at everything except me trying not to look involved.

"If you guys break another window, I'll not take the fall for it this time."I replied before turning around and resuming my walk.

It was only nine am in the morning and they were already brewing trouble.

I rounded the back of the small BnB we were staying at and finally managed to smile when I saw Elijah basking in the sun. He was shirtless lying on the grass on his stomach. I was about to scold him too for exposing his pale skin to the sun when I saw the bottle of sunscreen next to him. I didn't care if it was the morning sun, it was still harmful to his skin.

I didn't like the feel of grass on my skin so instead of lying next to him, I lay on top of him back to back. Elijah groaned exaggeratedly as if I was hurting him but I knew he was pretending.

"There's my favorite tiny person."He commented when I didn't acknowledge his pain.

"We need new friends."I groaned remembering the previous encounter with the ball.

"Told you we shouldn't have brought them along."Elijah reasoned but it was too late.

"Good thing we're heading back tomorrow. It's been fun, but it's like bringing eight children to vacation with you without a nanny to deal with them."I sighed feeling tired.

It had been an awesome four weeks in Norway and as much as our friends were exhausting at times we'd had fun together and I didn't regret a minute of it. We had gone skiing, sailing, fishing, mountain climbing and whale watching. My favorite part had been when we got to see the northern lights every couple of nights, they truly were spectacular. If you asked everyone else it was the four day booze cruise we'd been on but for me it was those nights with Elijah, under a beautiful multicolored sky drinking hot chocolate.

"Next time we come back here it will be just the two of us."Elijah declared.

"I agree."I concurred turning around to lay my cheek on his muscled back.

I sighed in satisfaction, happy to be in my happy place, next to Elijah.

I must have dozed off because next thing I knew there was an insistent tapping on my foot. I tried kicking it away but they just wouldn't stop. Finally I opened my eyes to find a cheeky looking Violet grinning at me.

"Different universities sound perfect right about now."I mumbled making her smile drop.

"Take that back."She demanded but I just ignored her.

I closed my eyes and snuggled my face back into Elijah's chest who was sleeping too. We'd somehow managed to change our positions while sleeping so that I was now lying on his chest.

"You guys seriously abandoned a bed to come sleep on the grass."Finn's annoying voice commented.

"Yeah it was more peaceful than inside with the rest of you. Now leave us alone."Elijah demanded.