✨ 37 ✨

ELIJAH

Shopping with your girlfriend was not as fun as those Pinterest pictures made you think. You know why? Because surprisingly enough girlfriends got lost in the store like little kids did. It was frustrating and at the moment I was regretting bringing Maya with me. I was looking for her, for the second time in a span of less than thirty minutes. One moment she was right next to me ranting about how there were too many cereal options and the next she was gone.

The first time I'd found her stranded as she tried to reach for the last packet of her favorite packet of chips that was on the top shelf. She was too short to reach it herself and too stubborn to ask for help. Maybe I should have brought a leash with me and tied her to me like a puppy. It also didn't help that we were getting late for Thanksgiving dinner at our house. My mom had called me as I had been on my way to pick up Maya and she had asked me to stop at Walmart to get her a few things. I had offered to drop Maya off at home first but she had insisted on accompanying me. Oh how much I regretted giving in.

I reached for my phone and called her again and this time she picked up. Thankfully.

"Maya where are you?"I gritted out.

"Who are you calling Maya? And don't use that tone on me."She scolded.

The girl was getting too comfortable if she thought it was okay to mess with me like that especially after she had tested my patience to the limits.

"Don't make me ask again Maya."I demanded.

"Say please."She teased making me growl in frustration.

"Or I could just leave you here. There's enough food and water to last you a lifetime."I retorted.

"You wouldn't dare, you love me too much."She tried sounding very smug and sure of herself.

She wasn't wrong. I did love her, otherwise I would have already left her in the store ages ago.

"Bug where are you? We need to go."I asked again my voice softer this time.

"Now that's more like it. I'm with the stuffed animals."She replied.

"Stay there and don't move an inch."I demanded.

"Okey dokey. That sounds like donkey. Maybe I should get a donkey."Maya said speaking to herself.

I hang up laughing at how cute she could be. Cute but annoying.

I didn't know where the stuffed animals were so I had to ask around for them. When I got there three minutes later I found Maya surrounded by a lot of toys. She waved happily as soon as she saw me and as much I was mad at her, I had to admit that she was very cute.

"Okay you tiny annoying bug, let's go."I demanded.

"Not without my stuffy."She whined like a child.

"Okay then put it in the trolley and let's go."I replied.

"I don't know which one to take."She pouted looking innocently lost.

My phone buzzed in my pocket and I didn't have to check to see that it was my mom asking to hurry up.

"Then take all of them."I grunted out.

"Don't be ridiculous there are too many of them."Maya challenged.

"Bug I swear to God if you don't choose one in the next three seconds I'm dragging you out of here kicking and screaming."I threatened her.

"You wouldn't dare."She challenged looking at me square in the eyes.

She must have seen the challenging look I was giving her was not one to be messed with because she jumped into action.