✨ 10 ✨

ELIJAH

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

It wasn't supposed to be that way. She wasn't supposed to care or bother with an apology. Why was she messing with my head? Did she think it was fun playing with my feelings like that? I had waited eight long years, eight fucking years and the minute I start to breath without her she dares to come back.

I wasn't going to cave, she didn't deserve my forgiveness after what she had done to me. She could go back to Nigeria for all I cared, it wouldn't be the first time she was leaving me anyway.

I headed straight for the coaches office since he had demanded to see me before class. I knew it was about my storm off from the field the previous day and I braced myself for a long lecture. I knocked politely and when he called me in, I entered his office.

"Coach Edward."I greeted politely taking a seat.

"Olsen, thank you for coming by. I assume you already know why I called you here this morning?"He asked and I nodded.

"Good, then would you care to explain why you left try outs halfway through."He demanded.

Coach Edward was a nice man, he treated us all equally and with respect but he didn't like to be made fun of or lied to.

"I'm sorry coach, I was just going through some stuff and I felt really guilty about running into that girl so I had to leave. It won't happen again."I apologized.

"You're damn right it won't. Get your head back in the game son because if you're distracted out there we lose and your teammates get hurt. And we don't want that do we?"He asked and I shook my head no.

"Of course not coach. It won't happen again."I assured him.

"Good, now get to class, I will see you in the field this afternoon. Don't be late and don't run out again, this ain't no fairly tale and you are not Cinderella."He demanded.

"Yes sir."I said getting up and leaving his office.

He would have chewed my head out further but I knew he went easy on me because of Wade. I had to remember to say thank you to him for having my back.

I headed towards my locker to get a book for my first class. My phone rang and at first I didn't pick it up since we weren't allowed to use phones in the hallways but then it rang again. I checked my phone to see that it was my sister Amanda calling. I picked up knowing she'd have a good reason to call me while I was in school.

"Are you trying to get me in trouble?"I whisper yelled as soon as the call connected.

"Sorry but I was just so excited it couldn't wait."She apologized.

"I'm about to head to class, why are you calling me?"I insisted.

"I'm going to just ignore your grumpy tone and tell you why I called? Guess who I ran into today?"She asked in a sing sing voice.

In that moment I opened my locker and saw the blue roses I'd rejected from Maya earlier sitting there. How had she managed to get them in there?

"She bought the roses from you didn't she?"I asked Amanda connecting the dots.

"Yeah, wasn't that thoughtful? Did you guys kiss and make up already?"Amanda asked excited.

"No!"I seethed.

"What do you mean by no?"Amanda asked her tone changing from excited to offended.

"Eight years worth of sorrow can't be erased by a bouquet of flowers."I informed her.