I

"It isn't what we say that defines us, but what we do."

- Jane Austen : Sense and Sensibility
[1811]

♤♡◇♧

"You look like a washed up molerat."

Hyunjin, about to take a bite of his cereal, stopped and looked over at the young girl next to him, "Excuse me?"

"Your new haircut makes you look like a washed up molerat." she repeated, unaffected by her brothers offended tone.

Hyunjin set his spoon down and touched his bleach blond hair. It was currently tied up in a half pony tail, but when it was down it fell to about his mid neck. He had gotten it cut just as they were leaving for Korea a few days ago. "I like my new hair." he retorted confidently. He didn't need style advice from an 11 year old.

"Do you? Or do you just like the women it attracts." She observed the elder quietly. She knew her brother well and how he was far from innocent. American women used to be all over him all the time. Want to go grocery shopping? At least 4 girls would hit on him. He pretended not to know English.

The blond jutted his chin out slightly and took another bite of his honey nut cheerios, "You think you're so smart."

The younger leaned in, the sleeve of her hot pink house coat nearly falling in her half eaten breakfast, "I am so smart." She then hopped down off of her stool and strutted away—yes, strutted.

Hyunjin rolled his eyes. Yes he loved his sister, but no way in hell did his parents purposefully have her. The point was only proven by the 7 year age gap between the two; never would he say this to her face however. That's simply cruel.

The boy glanced at the clock and moved to throw his dishes into the sink. He was running late for school already.

♤♡◇♧

"H-h-h-h-h-h-h-h-h-h-h-h-h-hyunjin?" Jisung asked, looking horrified. It was their first time seeing eachother in over a year. "Thats.. a hair cut."

"I like it." The youngest of the group chimed in, taking a seat across the lunch table and throwing his binders down rather aggressively, "Makes you look..."

"Like a whore?" Jisung put the words in his mouth, a look of pungent disgust lined his features.

"Hey!" Hyunjin reached over and smacked him upside the head, "Don't speak to your elders that way."

Jisung rolled his eyes, "Ok boomer." He snickered

Hyunjin was about to get mad and yell back when someone attacked him from the back, sending his forehead smack into the table, "Jinnie!" A familiar voice called, "You're back!"

Hyunjin slowly lifted his head from the table, feeling the last of his brain cells call out in disdain and agony before dying off one by one, "Heyy Felix," he said, his voice higher than normal.

"Nice hair." The eldest of the group complimented as he dragged his hyper friend away.

"Thank you Chan. You're one of the only people to say that to me.. Mi-Young says I look like a washed up molerat." He shook his head.

As Felix took a seat next to him, Jisung laughed under his breath, "You're sister is pure genius dude, I swear."

Changbin was the next to make his way over to the table. For a moment Hyunjin thought he had maybe grown, but then he realized the two inch platform combat boots he had on—still only making him a measly 5'8 compared to Hyunjin.

Changbin stopped in his tracks as soon as he saw the newly blond boy, "Y-You grew.." he stammered, not believing what he was seeing. He hadn't thought that his friends couldn't possibly get any taller.

"Get over it." Minho said bluntly, pushing past him to sit down at the table, "You're the only one that hasn't grown."

Changbin huffed but obliged to take a seat at the table across from Felix, who never failed to make him smile. Felix never really failed to make anyone smile.

The group continued with their chaos, very rarely having any gaps of silence. They had a lot to fill Hyunjin in on since he had been gone so long. All of it was pretty casual, like how someone hid tiny plastic babies around the school, or when someone dyed the pool blood red, or even when there was a mystery student running around and shitting in every trash can on campus.

They also mentioned a special someone who went by the name of Seungmin. Apparently he was running around picking on people in a not so friendly way.

"He once came up to me and smacked my back into my locker for literally no reason. Hes such a bitch." Felix complained, "I had a bruise for weeks after that."

"He loves to knock things out of my hands." Jeongin added, "Like when I'm walking down the hall, and then I have to stop and pick up all my papers." He shook his head in disapproval.

Chan shrugged, "It's like he hates everything. I've never even seen that guy smile, even when he's with his friends." While Chan seemed more nonchalant, the other boys were clearly at least a little bit afraid or mad at this 'Seungmin' character.

"He seems like a dick." Hyunjin shrugged, "What even was his name? Seungmin—?"

He didn't realize as all of his friends' eyes widened, spotting someone standing behind the elder. "You talking about me? New kid."

Hyunjin turned around and was faced with a boy that looked anything but threatening. He had blond hair a little bit darker than his own and a soft almost boy-like physique, but what caught Hyunjin's attention most was his face. He had soft skin with doe eyes and the look of a lost puppy. "You're Seungmin?" He asked, almost amused.

"What's it to you." He said with cold eyes, but Hyunjin was still yet to be scared away.

"Just didn't expect you to look like... that." He shrugged, "Whatever. You can leave." He smiled and turned back to his friends who all stared at him in awe.

Seungmin didn't like this, not at all. He scowled, "I get that you don't know me, but maybe you should take some advice from you're friends and back the fuck off."

Hearing a swear roll off this boy's tongue made Hyunjin fight to keep in his laugh, "Yessir." He managed out, still facing his friends. He heard the boy let out something like a growl and walk away, still not installing any fear into the elder boy.

Hyunjin took a deep breath to calm his laughing, "Thats the boy you're all so scared of? He literally looks like a puppy,"

Felix gave him a weary look, unsure how to warn his stubborn mate, "I'd seriously be careful about him Hyunjin. Looks can deceive."

"Nothing that he said scared me dude." Hyunjin chuckled, still finding humor in the look on the ausies face.

"Just wait till you see what he can do." Jisung shrugged, "He's a mean dude."