LVI

"To be a woman is a great adventure;
To drive men mad is a heroic thing."
Boris Pasternak : Doctor Zhivago

♤♡◇♧

"Two years!" Chan shouted, pacing down the stairs that next morning. Minho followed after him with a complete fed up look on his face, "You two have been seeing eachother for. Two. Years!!"

"Oh my god!" Minho shouted, "Calm your tits! I already told you everything in detail atleast three times over!"

Jisung was already seated at the dining room table eating his breakfast when the intruded, yelling about this and that. Him, already having answered Felix's 2158 questions, was tired of everyone making him repeat the same things over and over again, "Would everyone just shut up about it? When Hyunjin found out he didn't react nearly this bad.." he muttered, "And he saw us fucking twice!"

Hyunjin was still amused by this whole situation, sitting back and laughing at the pure chaos that took over the house hold. Seungmin was more or less not phased by it after about an hour, having not known them for as long as everyone else.

"Who else is secretly screwing one another behind our backs?" Chan yelled, looking around the room, "Othen than these two." He pointed at Hyunjin and Seungmin.

Hyunjin, who was smiling a moment ago choked on his frosted flakes, "Us?!" He looked over to Seungmin, then back at the group, "That only happened a measly three times!" He pointed out.

Minho went wide eyed, "I thought it happened once — how many times did you drunkenly mistake eachother for a fleshlight?!"

Hyunjin shook his head, "You have no room to talk - and we weren't drunk the other two times."

"Can you shut the fuck up?" Seungmin snapped, hitting the taller on the shoulder, "I'd rather not go into detail about that shit."

"This is crazy," Changbin shook his head, "What's next? Felix and Chan? Jeongin and Chan? Felix and Jeongin?" He looked around the room, "Felix, Jeongin and Chan?! You guys better not be 8th wheeling me!" He warned.

Chan waved his hand in the air, "We're not! Thanks but I'll stick to women - if anyone has anything more to say, say it now or forever hold your peace.."

There was a long silence where nobody said anything, everyone looking around at eachother.

"Me and Jisung kissed one time in the 8th grade." Felix said shortly.

"Gay awakening." Jisung added.

Chan sighed, "Why am I not surprised?"

"How dare you." Minho deadpanned, "I feel cheated on."

"Calm down." Jisung said, raising his hand to him.

♤♡◇♧

A few hours later Hyunjin found himself walking down the isles of a grocery store with Minho and Changbin bickering behind him. They had to go out and buy food for the week before they all starved to death. So far they'd been here for half an hour and only had three items in their basket:

Iceburg lettus, 48 pack of condoms and a 4 pack of double AA batteries.

"Shut the hell up back there." Hyunjin yelled at them, successfully gaining some silence, "Changbin, what's next on the list?" He asked, turning the corner into the freezer isle.

"Uhmm..." he heard the crinkle of paper, "Fruit: Apples, bananas, strawberries, blueberries, mangos and peaches." He listed off and Hyunjin groaned, realizing they were in the complete wrong side of the store for these things.

"I'm bored. What are we doing tonight?" Minho asked, dragging his feet behind him like a toddler about to throw a fit in the middle of the store.

"Eh," Hyunjin thought, "I think Chan said there was some beach party tonight. You know; alcohol, music, coconut everything, flip flops, bathing suits." He explained, seeing the fruit section come into view.

"Are you going?" Changbin asked.

Hyunjin looked at him funny, "Of course I am."

"Are you taking Seungmin?" Minho wiggled his eyebrows a little bit, nudging his friends shoulder.

"What do you mean? If you're asking if Seungmin is going, I'm sure he is. I don't see why he wouldn't." He knew what Minho meant, but refused to show that he acknowledged it. He preferred to keep as many people in the dark about his little crush as he could.

"You know what we mean." Changbin laughed at him, "You totally have a soft spot for mean ol' Seungmin." He poked the tallers back, dancing around him.

"Don't get ahead of yourself. We're good friends is all — I have a soft spot for the rest of you as well." He admitted, "—but don't get yourself carried away with that."

Minho giggled at him, "You l-l-l-l-l-l-love us? 🥺👉👈" He joked, tossing some strawberries into the cart and going to feel around in the apple section.

"You better watch yourself. Just remember how long I kept that secret for you and Jisung, and be greatful about that." He snapped. He hadn't realized that all of his friends had such a hunch about him. Suppose Chan had known before he told him as well.

"I'm so flattered." Minho chuckled, "But if you hadn't kept that secret I would have found a way to make you regret it. I think I threatened you anyway."

Hyunjin nodded, "You threatened to cut all of my toes off and tie me to a chair, forcing me to eat them all one by one. I had nightmares."

Changbins jaw fell slack, "What the actual fuck." He whispered, backing away from where he stood beside Minho, holding his fingers up in the shape of a cross, "Be gone devil – leave me alone!"

Minho rolled his eyes, "Whatever."