XIV

“Friendship is certainly the finest balm for the pangs of disappointed love.”
Jane Austen : Northanger Abbey
1818

♤♡◇♧

My parents were going out of town soon and to he honest, our house was seemingly just a little bit too unused since we moved back. What better way to break it in then to throw a house party, right? My parents will be gone and Mi-Young had been shipped off to a friends house to be taken care of because she was too young to stay on her own.

I'm sure my parents knew this would happen, I mean, leaving a teenage boy all on his lonesome in a rich person house? It's a recipe for a house party, be honest here. I was planning to do it on the Saturday night after they left in the morning. That would give me a whole day to plan the house and block off any areas of the house that I didn't want people to go into, like Mi-Young's bedroom. Imagine someone having sex on your younger sisters bed — blegh! Disgusting. Also people are perverted and I don't want perverts in my sisters bedroom, even if she's not in it.

"My parents are leaving on Saturday for a business trip." I said slyly, hinting to my just-as-michevious-as-me friends on what I had planned for the weekend. If everyone was gone by Sunday morning that left a good two days to make sure the house was spotless.

Felix jumped up and clapped his hands together, "Oh, oh, oh! A party!" He cried out, twirling around. Felix liked parties — no, he liked getting wasted and then having Changbin take care of him like they were boyfriends.. anyway.

Chan raised an eyebrow, tilting onto his elbow in his chair, "Do you're parents know about that?"

I rolled my eyes. What kind of question was that? Of course they don't. Chan took my silence and attitude as tell tale signs that my parents had literally no idea.

"What about Mi-Young?" Jisung asked, "Are you going to let a bunch of drunk highschoolers into your house while she's still in it?" Of course he was worried about Mi-Young, but so was I so I'd obviously figured out the solution already.

"No, Abba and Appa think she's too young to stay here with me without proper adult supervision, so they sent her to stay at a trusted friend's house for the few days their gone."

"Oh, but they trust you?" Minho cackled.

I narrowed my eyes at him, accepting the challenge, "Yes they trust me. Same way Jisung trusts you to—"

"Ahh!" Jisung yelled, cutting me off, "Anything to do with me is strictly off limits! I'm not getting pulled into this." He scoffed at the two of us.

It was a true threat though. About a week before I left for America I caught Minho and Jisung making out in a bathroom at a house party, probably about to hook up considering Minho's shirt was long gone, and it was hard to miss the raging boners. They begged me not to say anything to anyone, and I didn't, but yeah.. I use it as a threat now and then. I don't even know if it went any farther than that between the two of them. Its possible that they were drunk, or maybe they actually had feelings for eachother. Either way, not my problem.

Minho rolled his eyes, looking away from me, "Yeah whatever."

Jeongin started wiggling his eyebrows all of a sudden, as if he was up to no good – which he normally wasn't, "So~," he said sweetly, a little too sweetly, "Is Seungmin invited?"

I groaned. Was me getting mad not enough for this stupid, stubborn kid to get the memo? "I'm not going to tell him personally he's not invited, but I have the feeling he's not gonna come either way." I paused, "He's not that social to be honest. I notice he gets all weird and nervous when people talk to him."

"Someone's been paying attention." Changbin mumbles, but I hear him. I shoot him a rude glance but all he does is smile at me. I hate when people don't fear me.

"What if he does come?" Chan asks, "Will you kick him out?"

I give him a funny look, but then realized that I do seem like the type of person that would kick him out, "No, no I wouldn't. I'd probably just ignore him, do you know how many other people there are to talk to at a party?"

Chan shrugs.

"You should get really drunk and try to hook up with as many people as possible. I think that would he funny." Jisung giggled to himself.

Now I give him a funny look. "No?" I say, wondering what the fuck goes on in this dudes head.

"No, you should get really drunk and desperate and try to hook up with Seungmin." Minho says.

"You should get really drunk and try to hook up with J—" Minho shuts me up pretty quickly, but let's be honest here, he set himself up with that one. It was perfect. I watch Jisungs face get slightly red, but not enough for anyone to really notice.

"Oh? Who should Minho hook up with?" Changbin asks, leaning forward.

"Someone with a J name." Felix said.

"Oh, like that narrows it down. Do you know how many people have fucking J names? I bet you it's Jiwon." Chan leans back, probably picturing the two of them together.

"Oh please, I had a crush on them in 9th grade for, like, two weeks. Hyunjin is just making a really bad joke." He shoots me a harsh glare.

I shrug, "Was it a joke?"

"Yes. It was."

We stare at eachother for a moment.

"Anyways," Chan breaks up apart, "House party on Saturday night? We'll be there at 6 to help you set up or whatever."