XXXII

"Do not leave your reputation to chance or gossip; it is your life's artwork, and you must craft it, hone it, and display it with the care of an artist."
Robert Greene : The 48 Laws of Power

♤♡◇♧

When the two boys got down to the dinner table their parents had already sat down, making small talk about random things. Hyunjin could tell his mother was doing her best to keep her cool, but she wasn't doing it very well.

When she got sight of Hyunjin and Seungmin she immediately stood up from her seat, startling the Kim's slightly, "Ah, great, could I talk to you about something, Hyunjin? In the other room?" She asked, smiling wider than necessary.

Hyunjin sighed, nodding and followed her into the living room and around the corner where they were safely out of ear shot. He watched how she pressed her cheeks tightly to her teeth and glanced around with a fidgety look at her face. He half expected her to have a heart attack or something.

"So uhm." She wiped the sweat on her palms onto her pants, "You and Seungmin, huh?"

Hyunjin nodded, "Yup." He said, shoving his hands into his jeans pockets. He looked around the room, trying not to make eye contact.

"Is this.. a regular thing?"

"Not really. It's only happened twice."

"Starting when?"

Hyunjin shrugged, "The weekend you and Appa went on that business trip."

She nodded slowly, "Is that what he was here for that night? At 3am?"

Hyunjin shook his head, "No. Something else."

"I mean, I get that you're both weird sexual teenagers, but there had to have been a better time for the two of you to do that."

"It was a spur of the moment decision."

The room went quiet and neither of them wanted to look at eachother for a long while. Hyunjin couldn't believe he had been so stupid as to leave his door unlocked, or that he should have even tried that with Seungmin in the first place. It was way too risky with their parents on the floor right below them.

He didn't know why he even got the urge to fuck Seungmin. Last time he did it he totally regretted it. Mostly. Why did he always get so horny when Seungmin gave him that look... that stupid look. It was like he was begging the older to fuck him.

"So I guess we definitely know Seungmin knows you like men." His mom suddenly broke the silence and Hyunjin gave the slightest chuckle.

"Yeh. I guess."

With that the two of them went back into the dining room, sitting down to eat dinner. Hyunjin took a seat next to Seungmin glancing at him for a brief moment. He reached over and gave his thigh a light pat, as if to tell him everything was okay.

The room was quiet, Mrs. Hwang seeming still extremely uncomfortable. She had to assume that Seungmin hadn't told his own parents about all this yet.

Mrs. Kim seemed to have a perplexed look on her face, finally speaking up, "Eun-Woo, you've been acting strange ever since you got back down here. Is something wrong? Has Seungmin done something? You know you should tell me if he has."

"Eomeoni—" Seungmin started to complain.

"No, nothing, just.." she trailed off, thinking of a word, "just a little surprise is all."

"Hm?" Hyunjin's father asked, now confused as well, "have you two gotten into trouble?" He turned to the two boys, currently sitting at the table beside him. Seungmin had his face burried in his hands, and Hyunjin was trying not to out them.

"No, we haven't." Hyunjin said.

"Seungmin, dear," his mother rubbed his back, noticing how distraught he looked, "Are you okay? Perhaps you feel sick to your stomach—"

"No!" Seungmin stood up quickly from his seat, startling his mother, "I'm sorry I've messed it all up! I know I shouldn't have gone and made things so complicated!"

"Seungmin—" Hyunjin tried to calm him down, worried about what he might say next.

"No, no! I can't lie anymore! Everything is messed up and it's all my fault," he sniffled, "I had sex with Hyunjin and Mrs. Hwang caught us, okay? And as well, the reason I have no friends is because no one likes me, I'm rude to everyone and they all hate me—including Hyunjin, so dont even ask why he wants to fuck me – I've been lying to you about the places I've been going and people I've been seeing for the past month and I'm sorry—and now everyone at school knows I'm gay because someone took some stupid picture and I can't catch a stupid break!"

With that he stormed off, leaving the table in complete shock. Not so long after they heard the front door open and close. Hyunjin bit his lip, looking down at the table before quickly getting up and leaving in the opposite direction from the way Seungmin had.

"I'm," Mrs. Kim stood up quickly, "I'm so sorry about this." Before running off to go find her son.

Eun-Woo took a large breath, "I'm so sorry Mr. Kim. This night has been a proper disaster, hasn't it." She tried to smile.

He nodded, "Indeed.." He trailed off, "It's no worry though, really. Seungmin can be very emotional, he always has been like that. He hates keeping secrets and lying about things.. that and being a moody teenager doesn't mix perfectly."

"Hyunjin prefers to hide his feelings. I have a feeling he may have pushed Seungmin to some type of edge. He can be pushy." Chin-Hwa says, putting his hand on his wife's shoulder.

Mrs. Kim shook her head, "I'm to blame for being so weird about all of this. They're teenagers.. they don't know how to deal with these things."