XLIII

"The sooner you make a mistake and learn to live with it, the better. You're not responsible for everything. You can't control the way things end up."
Courtney Summers : Sadie

♤♡◇♧

Was it strange that Felix and Jisung personally invited me to this concert? Yeah, I thought so. It didn't seem like something they'd want me at so it made me a little suspicious, but at the same time I was kinda really happy about it. I've been wanting to get into their friend group for a long time now and maybe it's finally working?

Could they be pulling a cruel prank on me? Yeah, probably, but I have nothing more to loose so what would be the point in caring? I mine as well just take this opportunity while I can. If it does end up being a set up then I'll go home and cry, problem solved.

They gave me Felix's address and told me to be there at 4pm so they could get ready. Why I had to be there while they got ready I don't know, but I went along with it anyway. Maybe that's just what friends do; get ready with eachother. I've never really had any close friends in the past four years so I wouldn't know.

When I got to his house it was pretty average. Normal size, nice front garden and a small stone path leading up to his front door. There was a few cars sitting out front, one of which I recognized to be Hyunjin's, this wasn't a surprise to me though. Jisung had informed me that him, Felix, Jeongin and Hyunjin would be there as well and that everyone else would meet us at the concert.

I had gotten out of my car and walked up to the door, being greeted by who I assumed to be Felix's mother. She showed me the way up that stairs and told me I'd find them when I got up there because they were so noisy I literally couldn't miss them. I thanked her and made my way up.

When I walked into the room Felix hugged me, which I hadn't anticipated at all, and Jisung shoved some clothes into my hands. He told me that I needed to wear them so that I could match with us and that he hoped they'd be my size.

Well, they were, but I don't know if I was such a good thing. So there I was, standing in the bathroom in these clothes looking at my reflection in the mirror. I'd never really worn something like this before so it was weird to see myself in it.

I ran my hand over my exposed stomach, thinking about how cold I could get wearing the outfit

I ran my hand over my exposed stomach, thinking about how cold I could get wearing the outfit. I didn't have a particularly bad body image or anything, but this was a little bit more out of my comfort zone compared to how I normally dress.

I sighed, thinking about how Felix, Jeongin, Jisung and Hyunjin would all be wearing the same thing and left the bathroom. I crossed the hall and entered the room again, Felix squealing as he layed eyes on me. "You look so hot!" Jisung remarked, "We should dress you up more often, I think."

Felix nodded along quickly, "I agree  Quokka, I agree. What do you guys think?" He swiveled his head back to look at Jeongin and Hyunjin.

I hadn't even thought about that. Hyunjin. Hyunjin would see me dressed like this— he is seeing me dressed like this! My cheeks heated up, moving to put my hand over my tummy, but Hyunjin smiled. He smiled at me.

Jeongin made a remark about how cute my outfit was and showed me how his outfit was only different by the type of shirt and shoes he was wearing. I noted it, said thank you and complimented him back, but I was more focused on Hyunjin.

He was seated on the bed to I couldn't see what he looked like in his outfit, but I assumed the best. Hyunjin looked hot in everything, don't kid yourself. Jisung's outfit did a good job of showing off his waist and Felix looked like a real prince in his. I could imagine why everyone had crushes on them.

Jeongin was fiddling around with some rings, trying to figure out which ones looked best when his phone started to buzz. He picked it up and read the message aloud, "Chan says: we're leaving in 30, see you soon."

Jisung started to panic, "Half an hour? I don't even have my hair done! Felix I need to get my hair done!" He cried, grabbing Felix by the arm and guiding him to the bathroom across the hall.

"He takes too long to get ready." Jeongin muttered, "Thanks for coming along with us Seungmin. I'm gonna go get food from downstairs." He said as he left the room, leaving me alone with Hyunjin. I looked to the male and he only gave me another kind smile.

Kind? Maybe the right word wasn't kind but I wasn't sure what other word to use to be honest. I smiled back at him, but then my lips kind of dropped. "So, do they.. actually want me here?" I asked hesitantly.

Hyunjin shrugged and stood up from his seated position. I noted how I was right about him looking super hot. "It was their idea to invite you, so I'm thinking yes."

I let a small smile prep itself on my face, messing with the hem of my shirt, "Really? They really want me here?" I asked, feeling my stomach flip around a bit.

I watched Hyunjin put a look on his face that I wasn't sure how to understand, but I didn't want to dwell on that any longer. I should just be happy that they really wanted me here and it wasn't just a pity invite or something.

"I think you're part of the group now Seungmin, more or less anyway." Hyunjin put an earing in, "And I'm glad you are. I think it took long enough, yeah?"

I nodded vigorously, "I'm really glad."