V

"I like a twist of meaning."
E. Lockhart : We Were Liars

♤♡◇♧

"You're so lonely." Mi-Young says, hanging upside down from the hanging chair that sits in the corner of my room. I don't think I've ever actually sat in it before, it's just there to take up space, really.

I looked up from my homework, which was melting my brain into a puddle of useless mush anyways. I don't know why Mi-Young is in my room right now, I think she just needed to get away from mom for a little while. Mom is always all over her, her being the youngest child and all. "Why do you say that?" I found myself asking.

It's not that I care about what this 11 year old thinks of me or my personal life, but I'm just curious. A lot of the time her mind thinks about things I could never even imagine and sometimes I wonder.

She shrugs, though it turns out a weird movement as she's still hanging upside down from that chair, "You've never had a girlfriend. Or a boyfriend. Or anyone. You're a lonely loser, Jisung told me."

Of course Jisung told her these things. "I have dated people before, it's just that none of it was at all serious. I've been dating since I was 14, Mi." I don't usually confide in Mi-Young about my love life, so it makes sense she wouldn't really know it, but it's not like I've ever tried to hide it when I started dating someone new. I'm surprised she didn't realize.

"But Jisung said—"

"You need to stop talking to Jisung. You know how he looks like a squirrel? He has the same mental capacity as one too. Anything he says is problematic and stupid." I clicked my pen closed, placing it neatly on the table, "I don't like how well the two of you get along. If you turn out anything like that man when you get older I'm gonna be so disappointed." Though this was a lie. I love my sister unconditionally... sometimes.

Mi-Young giggled, maneuvering to sit upright again, "Jisung is so fun. He always let's me play with his hair and he gives me advice on boys. I wish he was my brother instead of you."

I've come to notice that Mi-Young is slowly picking my friends away from me one by one with her cute face and cheeky personality. I roll my eyes, "No, no you don't. Spending too much time with him is bad for your brain."

To this Mi-Young doesn't respond, only starting to fiddle with her fingers, getting post in her own world again, "Do you like anyone right now?"

I blink, "No, I don't. I just barely got back to Korea, Mi, I'm not quite in the dating scene yet."

"Well you should be." She sighs, "I'm running out of entertainment and mom took away my IPad." Sometimes I forget that she's an IPad kid. A true disgrace to this family. I'm about to say something about it when the door to my bedroom slams open and in walks three of my friends. Jisung, Felix and Jeongin. Dear God.

"Hey bitch." Jisung says, taking a seat on my bed, a complete disregard for how I had no idea he was even coming to my house, "You're front door was locked. Had to ring the bell so someone could let us in." He shook his head in disapproval.

"Maybe it was locked for a reason." I deadpan. I watch as my three friends make themselves comfortable around my room, as if I gave them any permission to even be here.

"Nah. Must have been a mistake." Felix says, grinning at me. I want to get mad but how could I get mad at Felix? Especially when he's giving me his best smile. It would be impossible, so I simply let it slide.

"So what were you guys talking about." Jeongin asks from the beanbag in the corner, "Tell me all the details, Mimi." Thats the nickname that me and my friends have for her, though I normally just stick either her name or 'Mi'.

She shrugs, not leaving my room even after my friends have taken it over. My friends love her, mostly because she's a good person to make fun of me with. But even if they make fun of me and it's almost always fun and games, any of us would beat ass if someone hurt her. "It wasn't anything important, just about how lonely and single Jinnie is."

I scoff.

Jisung nods, "He is," he paused, smirking now, "But not for long I don't think."

Mi-Young leans forward in the chair, "Oh?"

"Yes," Felix agrees now and I can tell I'm not going to like where this is going, "He's been falling in love with a certain boy from school by the name of Kim Seungmin."

Well thats certainly a surprise to me. I didn't even know his full name was Kim to be honest. "Yeahhh, no. That must be a joke because that kid pisses me off to the max. Not kidding, he makes me want to throw a toaster into a pond of coy fish and see what happens."

"Really? You two got real close in the hallway the other day." Jeongin gives me a teasing grin. I know this is just a stupid thing they've come up with to mess with me. Shipping me with Seungmin is obviously a joke.

"Thats only because he wouldn't God damn move! What's so hard about taking a single step to the left? I was standing there first anyway." I fold my arms, leaning back in my sleek, black desk chair, "Cut it out you guys. You're trying piss me off and it's working. I hate that guy."

Mi-Young rolls her eyes, "I'm sure you do. You two sound pretty in love to me."

"They even stare at eachother at lunch." Jisung whispers to her, eyes still firmly planted on me.

"You don't even know him, Mi, and if you did you would understand that me having a crush on him will never, ever happen." I'm quite firm now and my friends can tell that I've genuinely had enough of this. It makes me mad to think about people shipping me and Seungmin, as that guy will be the actual death of me.

"Oh sure, sure. We'll see." Felix giggles to himself.