LI

"Many a serious thinker has been produced in prisons, where we have nothing to do but think."
Robert Greene : The 48 Laws of Power

♤♡◇♧

By the time I had arrived at Hyunjin's house I was late and everyone was already ready to go. From there we had lugged everything into some cars and gone off to their airport. It was kind of crazy to see everyone running around like we were famous.

Sure, I had been on a few private planes in my day, but I usually stayed away from situations where my family was viewed as 'super important' and 'business people' because I was never involved in any of that. My parents were the ones with the money after all.

When we were on the plane it only took about half an hour to take off, and then it was easy flying. I had curled up in my chair and fallen asleep and when I woke up, it was to a gentle patting on my shoulder. Originally I was upset to wake up, but then I felt a definite soreness in my back as I sat up. I probably shouldn't have fallen asleep in that position.

I rubbed my eyes with my fists and opened them to see Hyunjin sitting beside me, leaned over to see my face. I looked at his ethereal beauty for a second too long before snapping out of it and blinking a few times. "I thought I'd wake you up. We're landing soon." He said quietly.

The plane was quiet, some brief talking floating around. Chan and Felix were playing slow game of uno, Changbin was showing Jisung some music on his laptop, Minho was passed out in his seat and Jeongin was eating fruit while he watched a video on his phone. I looked back to Hyunjin, "Thanks.."

Hyunjin leaned back into his seat, but then got back up again, as if he had just remembered something, "I think I have some news to break to you that you might not like." 

"Oh?" My mind immediately went for the worst. The trip was canceled. They had decided they didn't want me to come and were sending me back home. The beach house burned down. The world was infested with a deadly virus — the zombie apocalypse!

"We have to share a room."

Oh.. that.. wasn't as bad as I thought. Not nearly as bad. In fact, I was almost happy. Sharing a room with Hyunjin? We might kiss! Or end up hooking up, or literally anything that has to do with me interacting in some way with Hyunjin! "Okay." I said firmly.

Hyunjin looked shocked, "You.. don't mind?"

"Why would I mind?"

"Because.." he hesitated, "We weren't supposed to be friends anymore you said." He looked down at his lap, picking at his finger nail.

I smiled at him, but dropped it before he saw. I cleared my throat, looking around a little bit, "We're both old enough to know how to deal with this like adults. It's not like we hate eachother.. right?"

He looked up and I almost saw a small grin tug at the corners of his lips, "Right." If I wasn't picking up the hints right, it seemed like he was nervous. Why was he nervous? I should be the one nervous!

♤♡◇♧

I watched as Seungmin got out of the car, getting his luggage from the trunk and walking up to the house along with everyone else. I still couldn't believe he hadn't minded sharing a room with me, after he rejected our friendship.

I turned away from him so I didn't seem creepy and started to walk up the pathway myself, stepping into the house. Everyone was running around and claiming rooms, well, not everyone, mostly Felix, Jisung, Jeongin and Changbin.

Chan was huffing as he pulled Minho's luggage on from the car, "What did that dude pack? Bricks?" He asked before walking away, still dragging the suitcase behind him. I shrugged, heading for the stairs.

I ran from the bedroom at the end of the hall, the best one in my opinion, because it has a good view of the beach. I saw Felix was also heading for it and quickly sped past him, leaping into the room, "Called it!" I shouted as he ran up to the doorway.

He stomped his foot, "Thats no fair! I was already going for it!"

"But you weren't in it!" I stuck my tongue out at him as he walked off, yelling for Chan to come to his rescue. Seungmin then took his place in the doorway of the room, spotting me sprawled on the ground with my stuff.

"This is.. our room?" He asked, peeking his head in.

I nodded to him and motion for him to enter. Walking over to the window I said, "You wanna know what the best part is?" And opened the windows.

His mouth fell agape, looking at the scenery, "Thast so pretty!" He said in awe.

I watched him carefully, admiring his innocent delight, untainted by negative feelings. "We're having a bonfire down there later tonight so you'll get to see it upclose."

I saw his face light up, as if he had never had the thought that we'd actually get to go on the beach. I saw him wobble around a little bit before skipping out of the room to go find someone, probably Felix or Jisung, to talk about it with. Then Felix showed up, arms crossed and feet shoulder width apart.

"You're only getting this room because Seungmin is staying with you. If Seungmin leaves, so do you." He said, trying to be scary but I just laughed at him.

I walked up to him, scruffling his hair and walking out the door, "Sure thing, Squirt."