XV

"Nobody minds having what is too good for them."
Jane Austen : Mansfield Park
1815

♤♡◇♧

"Don't you have anything better to do then hang around here bugging me?" I asked, looking around at two of my friends. Well, they weren't really my friends but for the sake of me not knowing a better word for them, I'll call them friends.

"Ah, Seungmin," Jae says, hitting my on the shoulder in what would have been a friendly way, if he were my friend, "Don't be so mad all the time. You're face will get all wrinkly when you get older from frowning so much."

Donghae laughed at his joke to. True friends would realize that I wasn't in any type if mood for their stupidity. I rolled my eyes so hard I feared they might get stuck in the back of my head. "Why are you always so mad all the time, anyway? You've nearly given up on bullying people anymore too. Are you depressed? Do you have depression?"

I gave him a questioning look but gave it up with an annoyed sigh. These weren't people I should confide in. Starting a few days ago I've gradually stopped picking on people, especially Hyunjin's friends. I'm taking Mi-Young's advice and trying to make peace with her older brother. For what? I have no idea. Maybe I should just come to terms with the fact that he'll never really like me as a decent human being. "No, I don't have depression. I've just been getting bored recently."

"Is it because that new guy has been bursting your bubble? He seems to get mad at you a lot." Jae had no filter, but whatever,  "Is that why you stare at him? Because he keeps shutting down your fun?"

"What?" I asked, "I don't stare at him, when have you seen me stare at him?" I know I'm not great at hiding these types of things but I didn't think it was that obvious. I don't even stare at him that much, only during class time and they aren't even in my class. I might have sounded more panicked then I meant to, I just don't want them catching onto me. If they found out I have some type of crush on him they'd have my head, for sure.

"All throughout lunch? Your eyes are just glued to him, I mean, you look at him like he's a hot chick." Donghae laughs at the comparison but it mortified me – it's slightly too spot on. I do find Hyunjin extremely hot to be honest.

"No I don't!" Now I'm getting mad and it sets the two of them off a bit. Jae looks confused, like always. I know it's stupid and I shouldn't get mad but I can't help it. I'm feeling threatened.

"Damn, calm down." Jae attempts as I stand from my seat at the cafétéria table. I shove my books into my bag that I had been reading a few minutes ago and zipped it up. Calm down, I'm telling myself. I need to calm down before I do something stupid. I'm outside the lunchroom before I know it and traveling at super speed down the hallway.

I'm probably going to go to the library and finish studying there for my Chem test. I get interrupted though, as I slam into someone head on. Our shoulders collide and it actually kind of hurt. When I turn around to give them a not-so-kind glare (out of instinct) but my face immediately softens. Hyunjin is staring at me. Of course it was fucking Hyunjin. "Can I do something for you?" He asks, monotone.

"Uhm—"

He then groans and cuts me off, "Nevermind, I know what it is. You heard about the party? I don't care if you come okay, just don't interact with me or my friends and you'll be fine. I didn't think you'd want to go though."

"What?"

"I know that's why you're sitting here staring at me, okay? Just take the invitation and go." He waves his hand as if to shoo me off. I nod absent-mindedly while I still attempt to understand. What party is he talking about? I was invited to a party? I never go to parties. He walks away before I can ask anymore questions and I figure maybe I should too, not to look creepy watching him walk down the hall.

So is he hosting a party then? I'm not sure what kind of miscommunication that was but I don't think I want to go to a party, no matter who's house it's at. My mom probably wouldn't want me going over to a house party anyway, so I suppose I should just forget about all of this. But.. if he was inviting me.. maybe it's rude not to go.

He didn't seem like he wanted me there though, like, he was inviting me because he thought he had to. I didn't think there was even a formal invitation to house parties — or maybe he's going all anime girl and inviting me like that even though he secretly wanted me to go. Who knows. I'll deal with this later though—

I have way too much homework to be sitting here thinking about this, even though I can't seem to forget about it. When I get to the library I sit down at a table in the back, where all the cool emo kids sit. (A/n- I fell in love with an emo girl). Hyunjin it totally fucking with me. Maybe I should go just to see his face.

We'll see I guess.