XXIX

"He lay back, put his arm over his eyes, and tried to hold onto the anger, because the anger made him feel brave. A brave man could think. A coward couldn't."
Stephen King : Misery

♤♡◇♧

Seungmin nearly jumped from my arms when the door to my bedroom opened revealing my mother. She cleared her throat, taking a moment to stare at the two of us; my now damp clothes and Seungmin's puffy eyes.

"I brought you a towel Seungmin, you should take a hot shower and borrow some of Hyunjin's clothes. You should stay the night, it's very late. Does your mother know you're here? I sent her a message but she didn't respond." She held the towel out to Seungmin.

Seungmin swallowed hard, taking the towel in his shaking hands. He shook his head, "No, I uhm.. I didn't tell her."

My mom nodded, "Right then, you should call her or at least send a message. Hyunjin will you set up the guest room for him while he showers? We can run your clothes through the dryer afterwards."

"Sure. This way," I lead him to my bathroom as my mom closed the door behind herself, "I'll drop a pair of clothes in there for you a bit later. I'll be waiting out here for you when you're done."

He said a quick thank you before locking himself in the bathroom alone. I sighed, shrugging my shoulders before running off to set up the guest bedroom for him.

♤♡◇♧

About 10 minutes later, once done that, I decided I should go find him some clothes to wear for the night. Despite hating Seungmin, I was feeling quite bad for him today. This was every gay kids worst nightmare, honestly.

I grabbed some sweatpants and a T-shirt for him and went to go leave them in the bathroom. I opened the door, expecting to still hear the shower running but it wasn't. He was sitting on the edge of the bathtub with a towel around his waist with wet hair.

When he saw me his face lit up red and he rushed to cover his torso with his arms. "Hey—" he said defensively.

I shrugged, "Right, because I've never seen you naked." I handed him the clothes before turning back around and leaving the room for him to change. When I closed tye door behind me and looked up I nearly had a heart attack, not expecting to see Mi-Young sitting on my bed.

"You've seen him naked?" She asked.

I decided to ignore her question, "You should be in bed right now. It's really late and you have school tomorrow." I sat down beside her.

"Your not in bed. Neither is Minnie." I couldn't help but laugh at her nickname for the male.

"Well we're big kids, and I had to help Seungmin with something." I scruffle her hair before flopping onto the bed. I still hadn't gotten ready for bed myself.

"Fine.. but I had a bad dream and I was still scared of the rain. It's too loud.." she mumbled, then looked up as Seungmin left my bathroom. He froze slightly upon seeing Mi-Young, but smiled at her none the less.

"Hi Mi-Young." He beamed.

"Hyunjin says he's seen you naked." She said instead. Seungmin choked on his words, looking to me in a hurry.

"I never said that, Mimi, I ignored you."

"And I took that as a yes."

"Well it wasn't."

"But when you guys were in the bathroom you said you had seen him naked."

I sat up on my elbows, sighing at her, "You need to learn how to mind your own business." I scolded, lightly pushing her back.

"I'm just wondering. Are you two dating?" She hopped onto her feet, looking between the two of us.

Seungmin shook his head violently, "No, no, we aren't dating. What makes you think that? Why would you think that?" He asked, leaning away from us.

"You're both gay and you've seen eachother naked." She shrugged, "You get along. Why don't you date?"

"Who said anything about seeing eachother naked?" I asked, winking at Seungmin who quickly glanced away from me.

"What do you mean? Of course I saw you naked, what you think I'm blind—"

"Knew it." Mi-Young sang, "You guys are bad liars. So are you guys sleeping together tonight? Or are you actually going to kick Seungmin out into the guest bedroom."

"I'm sleeping in the guest room." Seungmin said firmly, dismissing any other ideas that might arise.

"Why?" My sister asked, "Haven't you guys slept together before anyway? I heard Seungmin yell about it. He seemed mad though, did you do something wrong, Jinnie?"

I scoffed, "I did nothing wrong. Seungmin just jumps to conclusions." I smiled, "Now seriously, it's nearly 4am, go to bed." I rushed her out of the room, and into her own. I helped her into bed and drew the covers over her small frame, kissing her forehead.

"Are you sure you guys aren't dating?" She asked, just as I stood up.

I looked down at her fondly, "I'm sure."

♤♡◇♧

When Hyunjin walked back into the room I was still seated in the same place I was when he left. I looked up at him shyly, and then looked away. "Do uhm.. do you regret it? Sleeping together?" I asked.

He shrugged, "I don't know. I liked it, but I'm not sure if it was worth this." I watched while he stood there, looking right back at me. He was so stupid.. his stupid pretty face didn't deserve to hold this much power over me...

Hyunjin yawns, stretching his arms out. He's tired. I'm tired. We're tired. "I should go to bed. Which room is it?" I ask, standing up and heading for the open bedroom door.

"Last door to the left. I'll put your old clothes in the dryer for tomorrow morning and I'll drive you home by seven." He guides me into the hallways.

"I'll get someone to pick me up, no need. I'm probably not going to school tomorrow anyway.." I'm about to leave when I turn back one more time, "Thank you for all this.. we still hate eachother though, right? Even if you hugged me while I sobbed on your shoulder?"

Hyunjin stared at me with a steady gaze for a moment too long, "Yeah. We still hate eachother."