III

“Her own thoughts and reflections were habitually her best companions.”

Jane Austen : Mansfield Park
1814

♤♡◇♧

I've been watching him, very closely in fact. It's weird though; I've never seen him before in my life, but suddenly this mystery blond is everywhere I turn. He sits in front of me in History class, and I have him in my math class—sometimes it feels like he's following me, which might not be that far off of a thought, as I catch him staring at me during lunch occasionally.

Through a network of a few connections, which consisted of simply asking one of the guys I sit with at lunch, I found out a little more about him. I knew his name was Hyunjin through roll call, but now I also know that he was previously a student here in year 10, but moved to America for two years and just recently returned, which would account for why I've never seen him before because I only started attending this school last year. For what he moved to America for is beyond me and I could honestly care less.

I know that his full name is Hwang Hyunjin too, which honestly wasn't to hard to find out. Turns out he was quite popular around here—you can tell by the flock of girls that run up to him all the time and welcome him back while they giggly cutely, so obviously trying to win him over. What can I say though, anyone has to admit that he's, like, really hot. Maybe if he wasn't so rude to me that one time, or I wasn't so rude to him that one time and we lived in a whole entire different lifetime, I might let him rail me. Or he might let me get railed by him. Who knows.

Not important though, considering it was respectfully never happen. I tried losing my virginity one time and it didn't go so great. Something about doing it in the back of your semi-boyfriends car at 16 with no lube and no condom and no experience and no privacy just didn't turn out so well.

Anyway, I have to admit that I've been staring at the back of his head for the past 5 minutes. I liked his hair, there was something about so feminine yet masculine all at the same time and I loved it—not him though. I only liked his hair. And his clothes. And his body. And his face. But I hated his personality. He was rude and disrespectful.

I've always been a hopeless romantic in disguise and I semi worried that maybe I might be crushing on this guy, only slightly. He was just so cute it was hard not to, you have to admit.

In the midst of my zoning off I happened to miss when the teacher called my name... three times. Before I knew it Hyunjin had turned around, catching me staring at him and tapped on my desk. He seemed to be getting my attention, even though he clearly already had it. "Teachers calling you." He said, voice sweet.

A felt my cheeks get hot but I pushed away the embarrassment and simply gave him a quick glare, then turning to the teacher, "Sorry Mrs.. I was zoning off." I purposefully made my voice deeper, talking more gruff to seem more masculine and maybe intimidate Hyunjin. I couldn't believe I had just been caught staring at him like that—probably everybody in class saw me.

"I can tell." Mrs. Lee gave a passive aggressive smile, "Hyunjin's hair must be interesting. Will you answer my question now?"

Oh. My. God. She did not just point that out in front of everyone—everyone! I knew my face was getting redder and redder every passing moment and all I wanted was to melt into a puddle and evaporate into the clouds where I would then be sprinkled down as toxic waste, effectively raining hell fire on everyone who was giggling behind my back right now. I took a deep breath, glaring harshly when I saw Hyunjin's teasing smirk, "Yes Mrs, I can answer you're question. Could you repeat it?"

As she said the question again I made quick work of the answer and got the class' attention off of me as soon as possible. I just know that stupid pretty boy is getting a kick out of all of this. Laughing and bathing in my constant agonizing misery.

♤♡◇♧

"I'm telling you he was totally staring at me!" I said again, trying my very hardest to convince my friends, "C'mon Minho, you must have seen him?" I motioned over to the boy sitting beside me.

"You know I sleep through that class." Minho shook his head, "I'm a very unreliable witness – I want to believe you man, I do, but Seungmin could care less about literally anything. I doubt he gives a single shit about you, especially not enough to be staring at you during history class." He shrugged.

I rolled my eyes. Whatever, if they don't believe me fine, but I know what I saw—Mrs. Lee even confirmed it for me. Why seungmin was staring at the back of my head? Yeah, I have no clue. Maybe he likes my hair.

"I don't think it's that crazy of an idea." Changbin says, eyes drifting from somewhere in the cafétéria.

"Why do you say that?" Felix asks, simply here for the drama. Felix was always there for the drama, who's gonna lie.

"Well don't look now," Changbin stared at something through the corner of his eye, as to not look suspicious, "But Seungmin is staring at Hyunjin as we speak from across the cafétéria." He said quietly, as if he was afraid Seungmin might hear us talking.

Despite his warning however, everyone turned their head to see Seungmin quickly look away, down at his lunch tray. Even after Seungmin was staring dead at nothing, everyone kept looking at him, as if testing to see if the boy would look back at our table, even me. I saw Seungmin quickly glance up again and we made eye contact for a very brief moment, before he clearly had enough and got up, taking his bag with him, and leaving his tray behind. He stormed out of the cafétéria leaving his friends confused as to why he left.

"Well damn." Chan said after a while and we all looked back to our table, "Hyunjin, I think he was looking at you."

"Ya think?" I shouted, slightly louder than I had expected it to be. I shook my head, "And you all didn't believe me."

Felix cleared his throat, "I wonder why he keeps staring at you.."