XLXI

"And Sadie, if you’re out there, please let me know. Because I can’t take another dead girl."
Courtney Summers : Sadie

♤♡◇♧

Things had gotten awkward between Seungmin and Hyunjin for sure. They didn't really speak to one another directly anymore and they hated to be in the same room alone. Everyone was starting to notice, but no one really dared to bring it up. They all knew it was some personal situation.

Jisung and Felix gossiped about it whenever they got the chance, coming up with theories and ideas, but they never confirmed any of them.

Chan knew though. He watched them around one another and could just tell that something had happened regarding their feelings for eachother. He wondered if they had confessed, or perhaps things just got awkward after what happened that night at the concert. Whatever it was though, it was none of his business to get into.

He decided that until either of them talked to him, he would keep it to himself.

"One month!" Felix shouted, running up to their cafétéria table, "One month until summer! You know what that means?" He asked, bouncing up and down in anticipation for someone to say it outloud.

"The beach house!!" Jisung yelled, jumping from his seat and bouncing around with Felix. Changbin smiled at them then leaned over to talk to Minho about it.

Jeongin's face soon lit up, realizing what this meant; they would finally be alone on the beaches of Australia burning under the sun and playing in the waves like small children again. It was what all of the boys spent the entire year looking forward to.

Seungmin looked confused, wondering what they were talking about. He had heard stories once and a while about the beach house in Australia, but he didn't know much more. Minho noticed the perplexed look on his face, "Felix, why don't you tell everyone about your idea." He prompted.

Felix suddenly got really excited, looking to Seungmin with the wildest look, "I was thinking, since we love him so much, we should bring seungmin with us this year!" He proposed.

Seungmin's face lit up. He knew enough to understand that he was being invited to stay with them in a beach house in Australia for the summer, and got excited by how fun the idea seemed, but then got timid. He looked over to Hyunjin, who he was sure didn't want him coming on the trip.

Felix got the memo, understanding that Hyunjin might not be so excited, "If you're okay with that, that is.. Hyunjin." He asked.

Hyunjin, though he wasn't sure how he felt, shrugged, "It's not like I'm the only one going on this trip. I don't see why he shouldn't be allowed to come." He explained, but Seungmin was still suspicious.

"You sure?" The younger asked.

Hyunjin nodded, "I really could care less." In reality, the idea gave him jitters. Spending overnight for a month with Seungmin.. he honestly loved to think about the things that could happen, but didn't let it show on his face.

Seungmin started smiling only when he saw Felix get happy again, "I'll talk to my parents about it. I don't think we have any plans until August.. how long are we staying in Australia?"

"About a month. We leave the very night that school ends hop on Hyunjin's private jet and fly off into the sunset." Changbin explained. Now Seungmin understood why the consulted Hyunjin like that; because he was supplying transportation.

"Do you know what day you guys would get back?" He asked.

"July 30th or something." Chan shrugged.

"Yeah.." he paused for a moment, thinking about if he would really be going, "I'll talk to my parents about it. Are you sure you want me to go?" He asked, more shy now. He didn't want them to feel like they had to invite him just because.

"Of course," Jisubg clapped his hands, "A few months ago, maybe not, but you're do not an asshole it's hard for us not to." He smiled, and Seungmin smiled. This is what he meant when he said they they made him feel safe. There was just no way for him to get hurt it felt like.

People had noticeably stopped picking on him in the halls when he started to become an official member of the friend group as well. Was their reputation as such amazing people rubbing off on him?

Perhaps.

♤♡◇♧

"Really?" Seungmin's mom yelled happily when he told her the knews, "Oh God of course! You're making friends! You're making real friends!" She sang, hugging him tightly.

Seungmin was thrown off guard by the hug but gave ine back anyway, "What do you mean 'making real friends'?" He asked suspiciously.

"I mean," she said sheepishly, realizing how it sounded, "You're just so introverted I never thought you would willingly spend time with someone, nevermind 7 people, over the summer! And for a whole month!" She gave him another hug. He felt like maybe she might start crying.

"I'm capable of making friends," Seungmin pouted, muttering to himself.

"I know, I've always known you were capable of making friends," she leaned back, cupping his face, "I just never thought you wanted to.. I'm so happy that you've come out of your shell... I really am."

"And you're just sending me to Australia with these random dudes?" He asked, "I thought you would be more worried about it."

"It's Hyunjin and his friends." She shrugged, "I trust that wherever the Hwang's are sending their son is safe. I'll make sure to talk to them about it of course. I'll see what they have to say."

Seungmin nodded, smiling, "I really love you." He said, laying his head on her shoulder.

"I love you too."