LVII

"I have the impression that if he didn't complicate his life so needlessly, he would die of boredom."
Boris Pasternak : Doctor Zhivago

♤♡◇♧

When Hyunjin got up into their room after dinner Seungmin had already gotten dressed and was ready to leave for the party. The elder studied Seungmin's outfit; a loose-fitting Hawaiian shirt over top of his swim trunks and covered in rings and other jewelry. He really looked like he was ready to get drunk tonight.

Hyunjin crossed his path as he exited to room, leaving the elder alone to change. He wore something that was basically the same — because what else was he supposed to wear? And left for the living room where they were all waiting to leave. Everyone was there except, of course, Felix and Jisung.

The two of them were upstairs doing God knows what, probably trying to devise a plan on how to get the most alcohol into their systems as humanly possible. Hyunjin's eyes trailed over to Seungmin and wondered if anything would happen while they were drunk today.

The beach was within a short distance of the house so there was no need for someone to stay sober to drive them home. This meant that everyone would be drunk and chaos would ensue — but it was always chaotic, wasn't it? Nothing new there.

Finally, Felix and Jisung came skipping down the stairs, "Lets go losers!" Jisung clapped.

♤♡◇♧

The music was loud, abnoxious even, and I wondered how anyone might get any sleep around here. The group was sticking together in pairs mostly. I was bouncing back and forth between Felix, Jisung, and Seaungmin, and Chan and Changbin.

I had gotten myself a drink (because the legal drinking age here in Australia is 18) and got myself somewhat drunk before I started dancing. I wasn't sure where Seungmin was, but I didn't mind. We both seemed to be avoiding eachother tonight. Probably because we both knew what happened when we got drunk.

"I just got this girls number," Minho came walking up to us, "She wrote it on my arm with lipstick she had in her bag — said she was on vacation from Brazil."

My eyes squinted at him, "You should tell Jisung about that." I joked, knowing that the younger got fussy when he was drunk like this.

Minho laughed out loud, already working to smear the number away, "Now way, hed start clock her." He glanced over at saud boy, "She smelt like way too much perfume, but I guess she was nice."

Felix Jisung and Seungmin were currently dancing in a circle near where everyone else was dancing. They all had drinks in their hands and flower crowns on their heads. They looked to be scanning the room for possible friends. Chan sighed, "I'm gonna have to take care of them tonight, aren't I?"

Changbin nodded, "My guess is yes," he pointed to Felix, "It hasn't been an hour and he already can stand upright properly. Dude can't hold more than a drop of liquor."

We all looked away from them then, changing the topic of conversation. Changbin talked about how loud the music was, and that he could rap better then whatever artist was playing. Of course, it was a fact, so we dared him to go up to the DJ and get the mic.

He backed down, saying that there was no way he'd do that if he was still sober, so he went to go get himself more to drink and maybe then he would do it. We all cheered him on, but didn't really expect much from it.

While we were talking and dancing a bit, something caught my eye. Seungmin was talking to some guy — but he wasn't just talking, he was grabbing onto his arm and getting really close with him. He looked drunk, really drunk, and the guy was smiling down at him. He had a dark tan and looked like he was a lifeguard or a resident here of some kind.

I bit my lip, "Hey, who's that guy Seungmin is with?" I asked, looking to my friends.

The shrugged. Chan squinted his eyes to see better, when Felix and Jisung came crashing into us, "We hooked Seungmin up with some random guy!!" Felix cheered, "He's really hot and super gay—"

"We pushed Seungmin into him and he was like 'Oops, sorry' and Seungmin was like, 'Awooga'," Jisung added, jumping around, "Look how cute they are—" but when we looked over.. the two were gone.

I felt myself start to worry, "Maybe.. maybe that's not such a good idea—"

"What not?" Felix asked.

"It's not safe, I should go look for him to make sure he's not hurt." I said, but Changbin grabbed my arm, he shook his head.

"I'm sure he's having fun," he smiled, "I think you're just jealous that he's out there with that surfer guy and not you!"

I shook my head, scowling, "I'm not jealous— can't I be worried about my friend with out you guys making it into something it's not?" I asked.

Chan was about to talk but I yanked my arm away and started to walk off. I felt the sand under my feet and scanned the crowd for them. It took me a full five minutes to find them again, but I wasn't so happy about what I saw. Seungmin was with him in the middle of the dance floor with his tongue down his throat.

I made a disgusted face. Seungmin deserved better than whoever this guy is. I made my way over to them, roughly tugging the guy off of Seungmin. "Get off him," I snapped.

The guy looked at me, offended, "Who the fuck are you?" He rubbed at the spot where I had yanked at him.

"None of your business, the fuck are you doing with him—" I walked up to him, shoving him slightly, but someone pulled me away a little bit.

"Hyunjun?" Seungmin asked, "What are you doing right now?" I could tell that he was drunk and the way he looked at me made me sick to my stomach. He was mad at me? But I was helping him get rid of this guy—

"Come on Seungmin, we should go back to the group." I tried to grab his hand but he pulled away.

"No Hyunjin," he said, "Im having fun here – you should go find Chan and Changbin or something and leave me alone right now."

I was offended, hurt. Why was he choosing this douche over me? "You really wanna stay with this guy? He looks like a dick head,"

"His name is Dylan and he's nice. Go away Hyunjin."

I felt my heart sink. I glared at the both of them, "Jesus.. fine." Before walking off. I felt a lump I my throat. Why was I trying be like this—

Seungmin should be with me right now, not that guy.